Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow hitch option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the tow hitch that comes with the y have a tow hitch electric connector?
Yes it does.
5DB4C021-B017-4FB1-A569-46E05725266D.jpeg

Not sure what you mean by "electrical connector". Are you asking to about the 7 to flat 4 adaptor, if that's your question then yes? if your asking about the brake controller, that's a no. There is some information in the owners manual about the brake controller connection point, including changing the air pressure of the tires.

Not sure what you mean by "electrical connector". Are you asking to about the 7 to flat 4 adaptor, if that's your question then yes? if your asking about the brake controller, that's a no. There is some information in the owners manual about the brake controller connection point, including changing the air pressure of the tires.
As far as the tire pressure. If you have the stock 255/45/19, the door sticker calls for 42 psi front and rear.
The towing section of the owners manual calls for 42 psi also..No change.

I was thinking about the break lights and turn signals come on the trailer when I break. What's the brake controller used for? Is that so the breaks on a trailer would be applied when you are breaking?

I was thinking about the break lights and turn signals come on the trailer when I break. What's the brake controller used for? Is that so the breaks on a trailer would be applied you are breaking?
Some trailers are equipped with electric braking system, but will require additional hardware in the car to control the amount of braking power to the trailer, depending on the weight in the trailer.