Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I regret not having tow on our existing car - I thought about it at time of order but iirc it was an eye watering amount of money - more than Tesla. I never had anything to tow at the time, but on quite a few occasions since, having the ability to tow would have been really useful. I currently have a requirement for my e-bike (definitely not going on the glass roof even though it would be less of a straight life than I do at the moment) but I am sure, over the years, we will find many more uses.

Looks familiar, I did it last month, see (in Dutch, sorry):
Rijden met aanhanger met de Tesla Model 3
In the end I came out at around a 25% penalty on regular consumption, much better than I expected (OK, most only 80-90 km/h on the German Autobahn).
Many happy landings!!!
Thanks so much for posting this. Extremely helpful. How is stability when towing a glider trailer?

I guess from your user name that you've got a Ventus 2cM. Mine's an LS8t - which I bought only last year from a pilot at Emmelord. Safe landings to you too!

Reactions: Maarten-2cM
Newbie to the forum, so evening all.
I'm told my SR+ with towbar will be 2-9th September at West Drayton.
We have a 8x10 foot Ifor Williams trailer that should look nicely out of place behind a Tesla ( was bought to go with our previous Land Rover)

Tesla phoned and asked if I would be on holiday.
I said not, but my wife would find it hard to come as well in term time, and happily they said weekends or up to 10PM was possible, so I must have got one of the helpful staff.

I''l do towbar photos here if it's not flooded with unicorns by then.

Reactions: Sirricardo
Newbie to the forum, so evening all.
We have a 8x10 foot Ifor Williams trailer that should look nicely out of place behind a Tesla ( was bought to go with our previous Land Rover)

Tesla phoned and asked if I would be on holiday.
I said not, but my wife would find it hard to come as well in term time, and happily they said weekends or up to 10PM was possible, so I must have got one of the helpful staff.

I''l do towbar photos here if it's not flooded with unicorns by then.
Hey Pac-Man, can I ask when did you order?

Bad timing. My brand new Atera Strava 3+1 bike carrier arrived through the post yesterday...

I know what you mean about ‘how many times will it get used’. Pondered this a lot over the last few weeks, particularly with the impact on delivery date. But the other options (roof rack or sea sucker) don’t interest me. And I’m hoping it gives the incentive to use it 20-30 times over the 5 years I’m planning to have the car.

Now just need them to deliver it!

Shame re timing but you’ve made a good choice. The Atera Strada is excellent, especially the way it allows access to the boot (should we say trunk now? :)).

Reactions: pmg102
I just got off the phone with Tesla - I actually called to find out how to trade-in my car post-order (easy as it happens- Trade-in Value | Tesla).. but I did of course ask what the score was with delivery and that my config seems to have put me at the bottom of the pile (LR, 19" as well as tow-hitch). Pinch of salt of course, but she expected the tow-hitches (along with LR/19" I assume) to be on the second ship to leave SFO from now. Meh.. whatever.. soon be Christmas.

• Informative
Reactions: Fullerene
Having one of those dark moments on the rollercoaster ride seeing a lot of comments from people getting "delivery" dates. It would have been helpful if Tesla had put a little comment on the Tow Hitch option to explain it would cause me to get chronic car envy due to the wait. I would have likely ditched the hitch, nice to have but not essential, saving 1K and more agony. Nice to see more orders getting fulfilled and really pleased to see:

:)

I'll go back to pressing F5 & the shipping forecast.

• Funny
Reactions: Sirricardo
Didn't someone say something about some SR+'s getting vins or was that unconfirmed?

Still not sure what the earliest boat these may be on - iirc @RjbT3 mentioned something about 2 boats mentioned in a phone call but not sure what point in time that was boat wise.
It was me, the Model 3 group on Facebook have been reporting receiving delivery windows throughout September. Mostly SR+ but a couple of LR AWD as well. Just wondered if any on this forum had received anything

Reactions: MrBadger