Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I strongly suspect it's a regs thing, not a physical one. Apparently the cars without come with the vin plate saying 0kg. And presumably no software tow mode (meh). For some reason they want a tighter control than just stamping 950kg on all the cars and letting the after market fight it out. I can't see why tho.

I was told November for delivery of an LR AWD with the mythical tow bar... but then I only ordered a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully you guys will be long since driving round making me jealous by then!

Thanks for all the info and sleuth work everyone. I had previously contacted Thule (got a response, but not specific to Tesla) and Tesla (needless to say, no response) regarding tow bar for bike rack. So now I can go to the horses mouth from the manufacturer. Westfalia-Automotive - nothing on their website regarding reduced load for bike rack - they supply bike racks themselves so would know. The weight plate will be key, but next week I will follow up with Westfalia UK and hopefully get a Tesla specific answer.

As for November, sigh, however, walking along in the sun today past a site that in 2 months will be used for a fireworks/bonfire, made me realise, along with kids going back to school next week, that it will not be long before October is here, quickly followed by November. So from that perspective, November is not far off, but then thinking about the car, it is an eternity.

As an aside, I specced up a tow hitch for my current car, exactly as per Tesla spec. Based upon the fitted price and fully integrated electrics, the Tesla price is not too bad.

Let me know how the Orvis hammock is. I’ve got a cheap hammock to test my greyhounds in. Works well in my Kuga.

FYI, I've seen on YouTube that t’s pretty easy to remove the back seat on the Model 3 so the backs fold flat. A couple of release catches and unplugging the seatbelt sensor.

Will do.
Ordered large hammock with mesh centre plus door covers. Car is due on 5th Sep so should have photos on 7th.

Reactions: rubberfish
Just got a hidden VIN on Blue LR-AWD with tow (obvs).

So sounds like they are starting to flow in more numbers.

4907xx
Same here, source code VIN appeared today 4907xx. No other communication from Tesla. LR AWD + tow hitch white / black ,18". Ordered 17-07-19 (no early reservation).
From spreadsheet looks like it could be on either the SFL Conductor (EDA Falmouth 04-09-19) or Glovis Cosmos (EDA Zeebrugge 06-09-19).

Reactions: Fullerene
Same here, source code VIN appeared today 4907xx. No other communication from Tesla. LR AWD + tow hitch white / black ,18". Ordered 17-07-19 (no early reservation).
From spreadsheet looks like it could be on either the SFL Conductor (EDA Falmouth 04-09-19) or Glovis Cosmos (EDA Zeebrugge 06-09-19).
From the couple of delivery hints and general lack of delivery dates I would assume these are coming via Zebrugger. Coming straight into the UK would get them to is before end of Sept I would have thought, but indications are early Oct?

I had an email today that said mine was due first week of October. It would seem that VINs are allocated when cars are on boats.. so any from Philly would be out, as they’d be here sooner than October if they’d already left. My money is on Glovis Courage. I also think - depending on Service Centre queues.. it might even be the week prior. I’ve been keeping a track of the last 6 boats, and give or take, all pretty much stick to:

SFO -> PA: 8 days
PA -> ZEE: 14 days
ZEE -> Delivery: 5 days

So ~27-day delivery time from leaving SFO

Courage left SFO on 30th Aug, with an ETA at Panama by 7th Sept.. so I think from Thurs 26th Sept onwards.. so pretty much spot on..

• Informative
Reactions: Sirricardo
The dealer rep (Cambridge in my case) told me my collection would be the last week in September. I was emailing him for other details and he just happened to mention it. I didn't press him as I can't cope with the loss if it turns out not to be true. Finally ordered eo charger...

Just waiting for tomorrow ...................

Igore the charger is waiting to bring the monster ( Ernie) to life, and Sophie wants an electric sofa that takes her out on adventures.

She's bored pressing F5 now

So tomorrow tow bars !

Igore.png

Sophie.JPG

Unicorn tail !!!!!!!!!!

Had great fun first time fitting as none of the Tesla staff had done it either.

However once you have the trick it’s looks good and solid

Car has a tow mode which must be enabled or apparently it gets all upset as it can’t work out why it can’t canter across the road as it normally does.

Many thanks to the West Drayton staff who were excellent.

EF84C53D-0E5F-4778-A95A-F34177A8828D.jpeg
2DCAC892-BBEA-4F30-953E-23E118D02618.jpeg