Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I keep hearing anecdotal evidence that the tow hitch config is producing delays but I am not sure how true this is. I ordered late June and people (with same config but no hitch) in the North East are already getting VINs assigned.

According to Troy's tracker most people on the West Coast with tow hitch configs are getting VINs within a week - which makes sense.

Has anyone heard anything else?

Just noticed that Tesla's MY shop now lists a tow hitch plus install for $1200. Says they ship it to the service center directly. For anyone who believes that tow hitch is causing delays, I guess this an option albeit for an extra $200.

Ordered in March. Added row hitch day 1. Got a vin and delivery date of 6/30. Car was removed from account and given to someone on the west coast. SA told me , that starting just 1st they will start making cars for those that had their vin's removed. We still have no vin. SA has been great getting back to us, but nothing he can really do. Kind of getting sick of waiting.