Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone
This is my first post. I love my model S. I bought it in December of 2019. I want to put a hitch and wiring on it to tow a jet ski trailer which is very lite under 1500 lbs. I am in Southern California and willing to drive to a place that can install a hitch. I have been looking at eco hitch and stealth hitch. I have called places from there websites and no luck finding someone that will do the wiring. Do you know or recommend anyone?

Thank you

Hello Everyone
This is my first post. I love my model S. I bought it in December of 2019. I want to put a hitch and wiring on it to tow a jet ski trailer which is very lite under 1500 lbs. I am in Southern California and willing to drive to a place that can install a hitch. I have been looking at eco hitch and stealth hitch. I have called places from there websites and no luck finding someone that will do the wiring. Do you know or recommend anyone?

Thank you
Not sure if this would work for you but I bought the EcoHitch online and used Amazon Services to find an installer. Cost is flat $100 for installation (I didn't get wired) and installer was awesome. Admittedly, this was a much tougher install than most so I tipped generously.

I think the Stealth Hitch is no longer available which is a bit confusing because the Torklift Ecohitch Stealth also has 'Stealth' in the title so you really only have one choice in that regard. I would guess most body shops ought to be able to do it for you. The job "just" involves taking the bumper off, bolting the structure part to the frame, putting a relay on the taillights (for the wiring), and then putting it back together.

Hi, I recently had the Torklift EcoHitch installed and had some concerns about the ground clearance. See my post from a week back (have added pictures as well). I initially ordered the 2" receiver, however since it was rubbing again the ground (when coming into or out of parking lots), Torklift offered to send out a 1.25" receiver. Still a slight issue with the clearance and rubbing against the road but not as bad as the 2" receiver.

I think the Stealth Hitch is no longer available which is a bit confusing because the Torklift Ecohitch Stealth also has 'Stealth' in the title so you really only have one choice in that regard. I would guess most body shops ought to be able to do it for you. The job "just" involves taking the bumper off, bolting the structure part to the frame, putting a relay on the taillights (for the wiring), and then putting it back together.
You’re right. The Stealth Hitch is no longer available to buy online but is only offered as a factory supply and fit at their premises in Atlanta. I called them a few weeks ago and plan on getting this hitch installed as the receiver unit is easier to use (no but and bolt).

You’re right. The Stealth Hitch is no longer available to buy online but is only offered as a factory supply and fit at their premises in Atlanta. I called them a few weeks ago and plan on getting this hitch installed as the receiver unit is easier to use (no but and bolt).

That's certainly an interesting business strategy for them to employ. Just out of curiosity, how much are they charging for it?