TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tow Hook?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SabrToothSqrl, Oct 18, 2016.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Are all Ss supposed to come with that heavy metal tow hook thing? I got my car a year ago, and it was never with it...

I just don't want to need a tow and not have it.

thanks.

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

My old S didnt have one ... new one does. There is a method to tow without the hook.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

Original 2012-2013 S did not have a tow hook. Then one was added with a storage area under the trunk mat. Later the hook was placed into a side pocket in a revised UMC black storage bag (too hard to get under the trunk mat and it changed multiple times with dual drive and then refresh with HEPA/bioweapon).

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

It is under the Frunk mat in the center. If you don't have one there and there is a cut out for it, ask, and Tesla will give you one. They did for me.

5. f-stop

f-stop Member

My Dec 2015 S has one under the frunk mat/liner though it's not obvious it's there. I had a Service Centre guy show me - you have to first pull up the black rubber gasket that fully surrounds the frunk opening, and then you can lift the mat and see the tow hook stowed below

6. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I will look under the frunk matt tonight, thank you guys!

7. JPP

JPP Active Member

FWIW my old 2013 build does not have the receiving fitting/nut under the old nose cone---thus no tow hook for me.

8. NewJerseyMS

NewJerseyMS Member

Mine is out and needs to be stowed. Good that there is a place for it.