Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow package psych

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that this is the thread for it, but the yellow indicates that you cannot develop full regenerative braking power at this time. There are 2 possible reasons for this: (1) your battery is too full to accept this much additional charging power, or (2) your battery is too cold to accept this much charging power. Either way, no big deal, nothing much to be done and it will fix itself over time if you drive for awhile.
Thank you for your insight!!

This is a dumb question that I didn’t want to create another thread for but I figured you guys would know. I have an August 2018 Model X 100D and of course it has the “Towing Package” installed standard but I did not get anything with it except a small wire harness thing. There is no “tow hitch”... am I expected to buy that separately?

Took delivery of a new X on Wednesday. Tow hitch definitely installed but they did forget the hitch draw bar adapter and trailer brake wiring harness. I was able to get both yesterday but make sure you get the bag with the hitch adapter (or whatever they call it).
Thanks Insureit1, will definitely make sure to check that it's all there. What did Tesla say about the missing parts?

This is a dumb question that I didn’t want to create another thread for but I figured you guys would know. I have an August 2018 Model X 100D and of course it has the “Towing Package” installed standard but I did not get anything with it except a small wire harness thing. There is no “tow hitch”... am I expected to buy that separately?

I actually haven't gotten my car yet so I'm not sure but from what I've been reading it should be included with your X? Maybe someone else that has already taken delivery can confirm that.

Haven't taken delivery yet too, but from what I have read around it should be included with the car at delivery BUT some people have reported not having it. Seems to be related to some sort of back order on the part. I'll suggest you contact your SC.

Hi All,

The hitch 2" receiver is in a square Tesla logo bag with velcro on the bottom.
It may be in your trunk or your frunk.
I have added a picture of mine.
You will still need to purchase a 2" hitch with your required ball size attached.
Trailer Hitch.jpg

Shawn

Reactions: Bogobec
Hi All,

The hitch 2" receiver is in a square Tesla logo bag with velcro on the bottom.
It may be in your trunk or your frunk.
I have added a picture of mine.
You will still need to purchase a 2" hitch with your required ball size attached.
View attachment 346493

Shawn

I never received this!

To anyone else who picked up a Model X in the past few months— did you get this?

Thanks Insureit1, will definitely make sure to check that it's all there. What did Tesla say about the missing parts?
I was pretty persistent, and not pleased it was not there. They insited on delivering the X to my office. In the end I drove to the SC where they had a new hitch adapter waiting for me. It did not have the extra trailer brake wiring which they found in parts and also gave to me. I am all set now. As the photos above show it should have its own case to store it in.