Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towbar bike rack for X - recommendations please?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite happily taking my £750 for a towing option, Tesla do not sell their branded bike rack in Europe, and don't want to give any recommendations. All I know is the hitch comes with a 50mm ball - had to ask 3 times for that nugget!

US bike racks (Yakima for example) seem to come with a rectangular socket that fits into a rectangular hole in the tow assembly. But in UK, bike racks seem to be attached to a standard ball.

Can anyone give any advice on what actually works, for carrying 3-4 bikes? for example there are two options here from thule.
Bike rack and carriers for your car | Thule | UK
I'd be very grateful if anyone could
a) tell me what actually fits onto the towbar I've never seen
b) recommend a good bike carrier
c) ideally one which does not interfere with the cars sensors (about which even less informatio is available) - it would be nice to drive with bikes and autopilot!

thanks all.

I have a Bosal one - it seems to be identical to the Thule one but maybe its a brand they use in other markets.
Check it out here -
I think that when you go into tow mode in drivers settings then the sensors are suspended ( a bit obvious i guess ) - the wiring into the MX works perfectly.
I like it more than most of the others that have to be spannered onto the tow bar - this one has a lever that locks it into place very very securely.
I had an order for the Tesla one but it has never materialised. The word from TM spares is that they have a TM branded one coming here in the autumn made by Atera - Atera STRADA DL 2 to 3 bike carrier (UK lights) no. AR2602.

let us know how you get on....