Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing 2013 model S with UHaul

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, i have a 2013 model s and im moving across the coast. 555 miles. I have too much stuff for the tesla alone.

Can I tow my tesla with a 10” truck?

Also i dont have a tow hitch for the tesla. Thinking about this route as well.

Can i get it set up in 2 days?

Have to move out by end of weekend

Thanks!

You absolutely will need to use the 4-up car trailer. That said..... The Model S is a WIDE ride, and you might find issues with the tires fitting in the tracks on that trailer. The 10' box truck should be fine pulling that, although no matter what you rent from them the mileage is going to suck a wet mango.

Reactions: Sanderpman12
You absolutely will need to use the 4-up car trailer. That said..... The Model S is a WIDE ride, and you might find issues with the tires fitting in the tracks on that trailer. The 10' box truck should be fine pulling that, although no matter what you rent from them the mileage is going to suck a wet mango.
There is a video on google of them getting a tesla model s on top of the uhaul auto transport. Also if this pic here can tow a suv. It should tow a tesla

Attachments

• A2D201F4-84C7-4DEC-B38E-5F8D27099A82.jpeg
    A2D201F4-84C7-4DEC-B38E-5F8D27099A82.jpeg
    609.3 KB · Views: 122
haha 550 miles is hardly across the country, hell that's only halfway across California 😂😂😂

Anyway when i moved from NC to CA i towed my tesla on the back of a uhaul with no issues, i had the 15 footer and the auto transport so all 4 wheels are off the ground.

Also getting the car on the trailer is a bit tricky, if you only have flat ground you will need to use a couple 2x4's to raise the ramps a smidge or else you'll scrape the undercarriage while going over the hump onto the trailer. If you can find an area of land that has a nice slope to it then you're good to go just have the ramp on the downhill area with the ramps facing uphill so it basically makes the trailer level'ish and you can drive the tesla straight onto it. Such was my experience loading an unloading my car, but i have the adjustable air suspension and even on very high it still wouldn't clear the hump going onto the trailer without the use of the 2x4's

I towed a McLaren about 1,300 miles this summer with a Ford Ranger and a U Haul trailer. No problems whatsoever, just had to be careful loading and unloading and obviously careful driving. Model S would be a piece of cake.

Attachments

• PXL_20220607_154524473.jpg
    PXL_20220607_154524473.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20220607_154515370.jpg
    PXL_20220607_154515370.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Love
Reactions: Cheburashka

I've got a 2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax with the Allison 6sp transmission. 17mpg on a good day...10mpg while towing a trailer. I joke that our 4.6mi/kWh Fiat 500e is our carbon-offset.

haha 550 miles is hardly across the country, hell that's only halfway across California 😂😂😂

Anyway when i moved from NC to CA i towed my tesla on the back of a uhaul with no issues, i had the 15 footer and the auto transport so all 4 wheels are off the ground.

Also getting the car on the trailer is a bit tricky, if you only have flat ground you will need to use a couple 2x4's to raise the ramps a smidge or else you'll scrape the undercarriage while going over the hump onto the trailer. If you can find an area of land that has a nice slope to it then you're good to go just have the ramp on the downhill area with the ramps facing uphill so it basically makes the trailer level'ish and you can drive the tesla straight onto it. Such was my experience loading an unloading my car, but i have the adjustable air suspension and even on very high it still wouldn't clear the hump going onto the trailer without the use of the 2x4's
Thanks, yeah i meant from nc to pa.. haha acrosd the east coast