Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing an Alto F1743 trailer with a Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no information about that but I am doubtful you will be able to plug into anything at the park check-in building. I recommend you start a thread in the California forum and see if you get a response.

I am now living in West Vancouver, BC, Canada. My wife and I are enjoying the campgrounds at Whistler, 70km to the north. Easy drive, no need to stop at the Supercharger in Squamish on the way. Incredible scenery, outstanding hiking. But bring your bear spray. :oops: This is our favorite Whistler campground.

Wow, great photos! Looks amazing. I've only been to Whistler for skiing, but that was epic.

I appreciate the info and suggestion. Happy camping!

Just completed the drive from Vancouver to Ucluelet on the west coast of Vancouver Island, averaged 322Wh/km (515Wh/mi) while towing. Not bad considering there were lots of elevation and speed changes on the route. Stopped for a charge in Port Alberin at a BC Hydro CCS charger using my new Lectron (SETEC) CCS charging adaptor. Got 46kW with the battery at about 65% so can’t complain about that. I paid C$8.85 for 29.7kWh of charge. BC Hydro charges by the minute and my charging session lasted 42 minutes (had to eat lunch anyway) so I paid C$0.30/kWhr. When I charge at home in Vancouver I only pay C$0.09/kWhr, so charging at BC Hydro is no bargain but at least it is fairly fast. Tesla still has work to do to expand the Supercharger network in BC.

Attachments

• 499A68CC-6232-48FA-BC5B-9EF3E33DA122.jpeg
    499A68CC-6232-48FA-BC5B-9EF3E33DA122.jpeg
    825.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 9D0BBF34-C9C3-4C3E-ABD9-802D4F0F4831.jpeg
    9D0BBF34-C9C3-4C3E-ABD9-802D4F0F4831.jpeg
    527.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 73392338-2AE6-44A7-81C3-BEF18BB6D8B2.jpeg
    73392338-2AE6-44A7-81C3-BEF18BB6D8B2.jpeg
    958 KB · Views: 66
  • Informative
Reactions: Jeff N and ohmman
Reactions: wreighven
and it is an obscene amount of mobile storage!
And sadly, not enough. If air temps drop below 60 or so I have to resort to propane. :mad:

Also, now that I have moved to a part of the world where there is little solar power available in the winter, and to make matters worse my outdoor RV storage location is fully shaded much of the day and has no place to plug in, I have to power down the inverter and most of the trailer electronics to avoid draining my batteries, since trailer solar panels don’t generate enough power in those conditions to maintain the batteries charge.

Some day batteries will have much higher energy density than they do now and we will look back on these days and wonder how we managed…

Reactions: ohmman
Averaged 358Wh/km (572Wh/m) from Vancouver to Revelstoke, British Columbia, going 55-60mph. This is a bit higher than I get on a dry flat road; on the trip to Revelstoke there was some rain and some significant elevation changes. Fortunately there are plenty of Superchargers on that route.

Getting download speeds up to 130mBs on Starlink at my new campsite.

F233F545-59DC-43F4-BB10-E55081B82D50.jpeg

Averaged 358Wh/km (572Wh/m) from Vancouver to Revelstoke, British Columbia, going 55-60mph.
On the return trip from Revelstoke to Vancouver averaged 305Wh/km (488Wh/mi). Lots of downhill stretches.

Very pleased with Starlink RV performance during my trip. Only a few instances of momentary video pauses during an extended FaceTime call. Revelstoke campsite had quite a few trees around it. Packed the Starlink hardware in a large plastic bin for transport. There is a “Stow” command in the Starlink app that folds the antenna up against the vertical pole. Legs detach. I place the antenna face flat against the bottom of the bin with a towel below it and the other pieces go above it.

Last edited: