Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I pick up my new LR MY tonight and have a question about towing. I tow a single Sea Doo trailer as well as a utility trailer from time to time. Weight is not an issue, but I am wondering about height. My current tow vehicle is a 2011 MDX with a 2 inch drop hitch. It works perfectly. The Y, from my research, sits about an inch lower than the MDX. Nobody makes a 1" drop hitch that I can find. The one I bought can be mounted either 3/4" rise or 2" drop. What do you all who tow with the Y use? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!
Pat

I'll have my Y in a couple of weeks but for small trailers like that, either of those options will be just fine. My ground to top-of-the-ball measurement on my Acadia is 20.5 inches and I'm just planning on measuring when I get the Y and getting close to that. I'm towing a 6x12 enclosed single-axle utility trailer and don't anticipate any issues getting it hooked up.

Reactions: patnshan
Here is my towing setup. I need to use a draw bar with 1-3" rise for my utility trailer.

IMG_5490.jpg
IMG_5491.jpg
IMG_5492.jpg