Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing option for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hot damn! This just gets better and better ;)

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 3.31.58 PM.png

Elon Musk on Twitter

Not a make or break for me, I'm all in anyway. It didn't even care what it was going to look like!

However, I'm glad it will be made available. Going to the cottage we put kayaks on the roof and bikes on the hitch. :D

(wind resistance might be a bitch tho! Lol)

Reactions: Lunarx
I would think you wouldn't really tow much with it. I'd think it's more for the other tow hitch type products like bike carriers and such.
I'd be happy with 750 kg/1650 lb. The plan was to keep the i30 and have the 3 as a second car, but now I could replace the i30 with the 3 and get something else with a more useful trunk. A Model S, maybe.

Reactions: Luke42 and GSP
Tow Hitch? I cant imagine that a tow hitch would be a "make it or break it" item.

Why is Elon even mentioning that at this point? How about things like color selections or battery options or "things that matter"?

Hmmm, maybe he is appealing to the kids that have "matchbook on steroids" cars.
He did mention on Twitter that lots of people liked the matte and he's contemplating it as an option...

Reactions: Lunarx
He did mention on Twitter that lots of people liked the matte and he's contemplating it as an option...
The fingerprints on the matte finish one were HORRIBLE. Admittedly, there were a bunch of people touching the cars the night of the reveal, but the fingerprints on the matte finish car were much more prominent than those on the traditional finish. Even the Tesla line minders were nodding along when I mentioned it.

Reactions: Zoomit and 1208
The fingerprints on the matte finish one were HORRIBLE. Admittedly, there were a bunch of people touching the cars the night of the reveal, but the fingerprints on the matte finish car were much more prominent than those on the traditional finish. Even the Tesla line minders were nodding along when I mentioned it.

I'm sure that finish was an experiment but won't be available in the end. Frost finishes are a nightmare to maintain.

Elon seems to be answering hardware related questions that aren't considered "secrets" or part of the second reveal. Colour and options choices are not final yet so don't expect final answers to those. He's a pretty approachable CEO on Twitter and he's quite active. He's on a bender right now.