Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing Software for Aftermarket Hitch on Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Officient

2017 Model X FSD
Dec 29, 2020
Yakima, WA
Anyone having any luck getting Tesla to update their Model X with the Towing Software feature after installing an aftermarket tow receiver? If your Model X didn't have a stock receiver/hitch package installed, the Tesla software package doesn't have the tow mode feature either. I have a some friends who were able to get the tow mode feature added around a year ago for their aftermarket receiver/hitches but Tesla is now giving me the round-a-around claiming they can't due to warranty complications.

Anyone having any luck getting Tesla to update their Model X with the Towing Software feature after installing an aftermarket tow receiver? If your Model X didn't have a stock receiver/hitch package installed, the Tesla software package doesn't have the tow mode feature either. I have a some friends who were able to get the tow mode feature added around a year ago for their aftermarket receiver/hitches but Tesla is now giving me the round-a-around claiming they can't due to warranty complications.
Any updates to this issue, have any successfully enabled the trailer mode changes on your Tesla? They discussed this issue here too: Heavy load: is Tesla using software to force customers to buy its parts?

Upvote 0