Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing suspension height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...'towing something...

Sorry that I misunderstood and was off topic.

My guess is as long as your connection height set up is optimized:

Trailer-Hitches-2.jpg

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was indeed talking about towing a trailer and not having the car towed.

Interesting about the manual. When the tow mode is on I can choose low, standard, or high which is why I asked. Very high and very low are disabled. I'll just leave it on standard then.

Please refer to the manual as the use of a "drop" hitch is very limited. It provides the parameters permitted for the amount of drop allowed.

It would be better to adjust your suspension to level the ride height of trailer connected rather than using a drop hitch (either way).

Jason

What if you are just carrying bikes, do you have to keep the suspension on normal?

No.

As mentioned above, when you are on "Trailer Mode" your automatic level adjustment is no longer working.

You know that your car is on "Trailer Mode" if it lights up a blue trailer icon.

If you connect a bike rack, you got a yellow trailer icon which is not "Trailer Mode" so your automatic level adjustment is still working fine.