TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Towing suspension height

Discussion in 'Model X' started by qadaemon, Mar 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Sorry, another towing question: what do you use for suspension height while towing?

So far I've used standard but I suppose high might be beneficial for better tow bar height and such.

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

I assume highest suspension height is best because you don't want your car bottom/bumper got scraped when being pulled onto a very steep angle flat-bed.

3. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

I bet OP is referring to 'towing something' vs. 'being towed'. I can't help w/the query however!

• Informative x 1
  4. Tam

Tam Active Member

Sorry that I misunderstood and was off topic.

My guess is as long as your connection height set up is optimized:

[​IMG]

• Informative x 2
  5. McManX

McManX Member

I believe the manual says set it to standard and trailer mode disables any auto adjustments

• Informative x 1
  6. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was indeed talking about towing a trailer and not having the car towed.

Interesting about the manual. When the tow mode is on I can choose low, standard, or high which is why I asked. Very high and very low are disabled. I'll just leave it on standard then.

7. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

Please refer to the manual as the use of a "drop" hitch is very limited. It provides the parameters permitted for the amount of drop allowed.

It would be better to adjust your suspension to level the ride height of trailer connected rather than using a drop hitch (either way).

Jason

8. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

What if you are just carrying bikes, do you have to keep the suspension on normal?

9. gdh66

gdh66 Member

The suspension auto-levels, so it is automatic.

10. Tam

Tam Active Member

No.

As mentioned above, when you are on "Trailer Mode" your automatic level adjustment is no longer working.

You know that your car is on "Trailer Mode" if it lights up a blue trailer icon.

If you connect a bike rack, you got a yellow trailer icon which is not "Trailer Mode" so your automatic level adjustment is still working fine.