Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing with Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone installed a tow hitch on Model 3? From the research ive done it seems in Europe and other areas Tesla sells it as an option upon order for a ‘tow package’ but not here in the states.

i dont know the first thing about towing but was thinking about getting a little trailor for the model 3 performance and towing 2 dirt bikes.

Is this even possible? Ive read Tesla rates the Model 3 base 2000lb towing capacity. Im sure it kills efficiency however.

any info anyone knows would be helpful...

Has anyone installed a tow hitch on Model 3? From the research ive done it seems in Europe and other areas Tesla sells it as an option upon order for a ‘tow package’ but not here in the states.

i dont know the first thing about towing but was thinking about getting a little trailor for the model 3 performance and towing 2 dirt bikes.

Is this even possible? Ive read Tesla rates the Model 3 base 2000lb towing capacity. Im sure it kills efficiency however.

any info anyone knows would be helpful...

This may be of interest: Towing experiences with the Model 3

Reactions: MidnightPerfAZ
6A8BD121-9895-4A05-B32F-A0F7DF54CA16.jpeg

Thanks to the above but one thread seems tk be about choice of trailors for camping not necessarily utility or hauling trailors. The other seems to be somebody outside the States that probably has the OEM tow package.

anybody know what it takes to install a tow hitch on a model 3? Ive also read that these cars have a ‘tow mode’, anybody know anything about that? I have mine ordered but dont have it yet so cant look myself :/