TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Town Hall Questions

Discussion in 'News' started by vfx, Dec 9, 2007.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#1 vfx, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
    Post your questions here.

Even though though few of us can be there we know Tesla reads these pages so these questions can be addressed in opening remarks or be asked by an owner if not covered.

Feel free to re-ask a listed question in your own words.

Nice if this could be printed out to bring along :)

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

There are many instances when company visionaries and founders are retained when their experience is exceed by the overall project. Many of us signed on because of Martin's charisma and his passion for a new automotive future. We now seem to be in a chaotic state of disarray and without Martin we run the risk of lagging sales. Why was it decided that Martin could not remain as the face of the company?

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#3 TEG, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
    The obvious immediate questions (probably answered by a presentation):

#1: Status of remaining Roadster issues (if any) with emphasis on the transmission and airbag situation.
    #2: Latest on how many cars they plan to ship in each quarter.

---

I don't know if the talk will go beyond Roadster, but I wonder if they will say anything about "WhiteStar", "BlueStar", and what is going on with them.

#1: Are they, as we suspect, on hold pending Roadster issues getting resolved?
    #2: Are the mentions of series hybrids because Tesla is planning to sell eMotors and PEMs to a Hybrid manufacturer, or are they thinking of doing a hybrid of their own?

---

Anything to say about Martin being replaced?

---

Timetable for sales / service centers to open?
    (I suspect L.A. could be ready in couple of months, but no idea of the others)

---

Perhaps not up for discussion, but people are speculating about wait list customers maybe asking for $ back due to repeated delays. I suspect this Town Hall meeting is to prevent that from happening. Tesla may have enough interest to fill any slots that free up anyways, but it would be helpful if Tesla were able to talk openly about how well their order commitments are holding up.

---

Hopefully this doesn't involve any further bad news.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Have all the crash tests been passed?

Has the Airbag issue been resolved?

What is the official 0- to 60 time?

What is the turning radius of the Roadster?

How many $5K reservations have been made?

Who is the current transmission vendor and what type is it?

5. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

I will second TEG's questions regarding the Whitestar. I am very curious on any Whitestar info they would be willing to give. Specifically any drivetrain info, like BEV, PHEV and what kind of timeframe they now are aiming for with the Whitestar. Mostly because that's the first car I could realistically buy.

Cobos