TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Toy Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by wayno, Nov 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wayno

wayno Member

Does anyone know of any toy or small scale models available for a Model S at this point? If I can't get the real thing yet, I thought it would be a great idea for a Christmas present. Searching for a Model Model S though doesn't really work. :wink:

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

I would like the same thing. Wonder if TESLA has licensed the MS to a model company?

3. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

I'm guessing this could change at any time, but I was told at one of the stores that the Model S has not yet been licensed for toys. Hot Wheels has the Tesla Roadster, but apparently passed on the Model S for now. I bet they could sell a ton of them at the stores if they had them, though. I know I would have bought a few. :)

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

You can buy an RC Roadster and Hot Wheels in various colors. We give them in charity toy drives all the time.

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Zextraterrestrial made his own RC Model S out of one of the molded plastic shells that we got at the October 2011 factory tour; maybe, you could make an offer to him?! :)

6. blaz

blaz Member

7. MitchMitch

MitchMitch Lurker In Chief

Probably too late for Christmas presents, but I'll take three! :smile:

8. Zextraterrestrial

I still want to make some more but have been so busy working recently. I never managed to get a good polycarbonate shell to come out. they all had a crease somewhere where the vacuum pulled the plastic around the undercuts. I was going to make a 2 part mold and try something different. Laser welding aluminum seems a little tricky. stainless is muck easier so i will stick to that for the frame. I might have some time before my S comes if is isn't soon ;< - I was hoping to get it for X-mas - with GG
    I still need to make a good video of the mini S at the local skatepark. It is wicked fast for its size with all 4 Li batteries. maybe tomorrow if it doesn't rain much

9. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

Ditto - I am looking for 1:43 scale version of my Model S. I have a 1:43 diecast of every new car I have ever purchased - nicely organized on a shelf in my office.