Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyo Proxes 4 Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not had any experience with them.

Toyo's web site says that they do produce the Proxes 4 Plus in a 245/45R19, but the online dealers I've looked at don't have it. Most of the reviews on Toyo's web site for this tire are pretty good, but there's 20% of them that didn't like the tire -- either poor handling, noise, tire failure, or low tread life.

TIreRack.com has very little information on the Toyo tires, they apparently do not sell very many of them. One concrete piece of information I found was that TireRack did test Toyo's max performance summer tire, the Proxes 1, against 3 other max performance summer tires, the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, and the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. The Toyo came in dead last.

Now, that was the Proxes 1, a max performance summer tire, whereas you're interested in the Proxes 4 Plus, an ultra high performance all-season. It's possible that the Proxes 4 Plus may perform better against others in it's category, but the performance of the Proxes 1 doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

I just had a set of these installed (235/45R18) on my 2018 Model 3 DM. I didn't do research because I had a blowout while driving, and had to car towed to the nearest Les Schwab. I took what they had in stock because I wasn't interested in waiting days, or towing the car elsewhere. One thing that worries me is that the manufacturer itself gives the tire a 3 for fuel efficiency so I wonder if I will see less range with these tires. After a few days of driving, it's hard to compare them to the Primacy's that shipped with the car. These feel good and offer great traction. I haven't used them in the rain yet. They are notably louder than the OEM tires, however my Primacy's were completely bald so that might have made them quieter (or would it make them louder? nor sure)

I have a set on my Model 3P. Un-equaled traction, great performance, very loud and I cannot stress this enough--road noise above 50mph and bit difficult to balance. Seem like tread-life will be way above average. They were insanely inexpensive for what you get.