TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Toyo tires anyone??

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Alysashley79, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

So I went to have my tires rotated last week and was told that all 4 of my tires are down to threads after only 15k miles. I've got a call in to tesla because this doesn't seem quite right on the 19" wheels. However I wanted to see if anyone's used toyo tires. They guaranty 50k miles on the tires. But I'm a bit hesitant give that I have a P85. Anyone?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The problem is that the alignment is wrong. A tread-life guarantee is void if the alignment is poor. Get that fixed first. It took Tesla several tries to get it right on mine, but it seems as if they are now doing better at getting it right the first time (at the SC). Cars of all makes often have poor alignment when delivered because the alignment frequently gets knocked out during transport from the factory.

3. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

They did an alignment about 6 months ago when they swapped out my drive unit... Either way I have 4 bad tires. I'm almost thinking this happened after the drive unit swap because I didnt have the issue or extra wear on my studded tires in the first 13k miles that was out on those tires.

4. aus

aus Member

You have any pics of the tires?

5. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

I do. Not sure how to upload them tho. Completely worn on the inside. I've worked out a deal with tesla. I'll say they're a good company to work with! They didn't have to do anything for me and they did anyway.