TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

toyota ad causing problems

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by doug, Feb 4, 2008.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Do you guys know a way to block that Toyota Corolla ad? For some reason whenever it comes up, it really slows my machine. Thanks.

2. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

I have adblock plug-ins on both Safari and Firefox, they are working great.

3. domenick

domenick Nerd

There's a Toyota ad? Firefox user with adblock here, don't remember seeing it.

If you have firefox, right click on image and scroll down to ad block. I often will add an * after the .com part of a url so as to block everything from the offending site. eg. www.ads.toyota.com/*

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Thanks for the advice. Normally I'll allow ads on a small site like this since it might depend on the ad revenue. It took me a while to figure out that this particular ad was the problem since it didn't always come up, but when it did my CPU usage would go to 100%. However, I haven't seen it for the last couple days, but if I do again I will certainly block it.