Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota comes with 3-seat version of its i-Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember the i-Road, the three-wheeled, electric scooter that accommodates 1+1 passenger fully enclosed?
toyota-iroad-scooter-dz-1.jpg

Toyota has dropped the first teaser image of an all-new concept car, scheduled to debut at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. Named the i-TRIL, it's positioned as an "alternative to city cars, other electric vehicles and motorcycles", and "aimed at people who want to have fun even while driving at small speeds around cities", says Toyota. The study is also equipped with self-driving tech, as you'd expect. Go to the link for the teaser...

Toyota i-TRIL Autonomous Concept Teased Ahead Of Geneva Premiere

My apologies, thanks for the correction. I was reading the first article you linked to Toyota i-TRIL Autonomous Concept Teased Ahead Of Geneva Premiere which states: "Meant to sit right at the top of the current Yaris family, it's said to be inspired by the company's return to the World Rally Championship (WRC) with the Yaris WRC, making use of a 1.8-liter supercharged engine that will develop "more than 212 PS (209 HP)"."

But that statement refers to the Yaris WRC, not to the i-TRIL. So my error.

"i-Tril". What an odd name. Pretty cool looking vehicle though.

Actually, it is quite disappointing what Toyota brought. Like Toyota did not want it to be a really viable alternative to a small car.
The i-TRIL is in fact a 1+2 (kids) version of the Opel RAKe that had tandem seating, of a couple of years ago.
The i-TRIL does lean in corners, about a 10 degree angle - to deal with the lateral forces.

287444-top_foto1-1v5nk.jpg
wheels-rakefrank2-blog480.jpg