TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Toyota NS4 Plug-In Hybrid

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by efusco, Jan 5, 2012.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Toyota has released a teaser about it's new NS4--high res shot of a headlamp assembly and a video with some vague tracing of the body lines and fuzzed out car side. To be introduced at the Detroit Auto Show on the 10th. I know there are a lot of "pure EV or nothing" folks here, but there are a lot of people not ready for a pure EV, but who are desperate for a "good" Plug-in Hybrid as a bridge vehicle...I'm excited to hear what Toyota has here.

Toyota | Toyota to Debut Advanced Plug-In Hybrid Concept and Prius c at 2012 North American International Auto Show

Video: Toyota | 2012 North American International Auto Show - Toyota NS4 Plug-In Hybrid Concept

High Res Photo: Toyota | 2012 NAIAS - Toyota NS4 Plug-in Hybrid Concept
    NAIAS_Toyota_NS4_Teaser_001.jpg

2. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

I hope the range is more than the 10-14 miles the Prius offers.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I'm confident it will be. The question is how much more...I'd guess they're going to aim to top the Volt's 40 mile range.