Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota out-innovates Tesla (with a boat?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
1457553118-30928-Toyota-Motor-Corp--Imitates-Tesla-Motors-Inc--Shows-Sparks-Of-Innovation (1).jpg

I don't know if this is a joke or not (It's not April 1 yet but this could be an early release).
Toyota Motor Corp (TM) Imitates Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA), Shows Sparks Of Innovation
"Toyota Motor Corp (NYSE:TM) is the latest automaker to show some sparks of innovation in its vehicle, as it gears up to showcase a new concept EV next month at the Milan Design Week 2016. Concept cars typically show upcoming technologies and future developments; however, the Japanese automaker has astonished everyone by adopting a tactic which is alien to concept cars. Toyota has built its latest concept model using wood instead of latest automotive manufacturing materials, like steel or aluminum."

I just don't know what to say...

Reminds me of the Rimac boat/submarine concept. Can't find any pictures of it now, but it would just drive into the water. Or maybe it was just a boat and not a sub. Seems that Toyota is doing the same thing. It's not like this would help in a Tsunami. It would get crushed like everything else in the path of the wall of water.