Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota out-innovates Tesla (with a boat?)

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
1457553118-30928-Toyota-Motor-Corp--Imitates-Tesla-Motors-Inc--Shows-Sparks-Of-Innovation (1).jpg

I don't know if this is a joke or not (It's not April 1 yet but this could be an early release).
Toyota Motor Corp (TM) Imitates Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA), Shows Sparks Of Innovation
"Toyota Motor Corp (NYSE:TM) is the latest automaker to show some sparks of innovation in its vehicle, as it gears up to showcase a new concept EV next month at the Milan Design Week 2016. Concept cars typically show upcoming technologies and future developments; however, the Japanese automaker has astonished everyone by adopting a tactic which is alien to concept cars. Toyota has built its latest concept model using wood instead of latest automotive manufacturing materials, like steel or aluminum."

I just don't know what to say...

santana338

Apr 11, 2012
Manchester, NH
Reminds me of the Rimac boat/submarine concept. Can't find any pictures of it now, but it would just drive into the water. Or maybe it was just a boat and not a sub. Seems that Toyota is doing the same thing. It's not like this would help in a Tsunami. It would get crushed like everything else in the path of the wall of water.

smasterson2

Jul 27, 2016
Houston
I think a car makes a lousy boat and a boat makes a lousy car. I decided to do my own conversion and had a blast doing it.
This is my conversion of a 2016 175 Bayliner:

• Love
Reactions: GSP

voyager

Apr 28, 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Toyota's potential game-changer is its i-Road IMO.
A 1+1 enclosed, electric 30 mph scooter with tilting mechanism for use in inner cities.
May lend itself to a bigger 100+ mph version that can accommodate three...

333114833189_.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC