Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota Plug-In Prius

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very skeptical of any version of the Prius on New England winter. Skinny tires, FWD, light weight. I drive an Audi as much for the safety as the comfort.

You would likely be pleasantly surprised. We had to travel through a bad snow storm and we passed hundreds of cars on the interstate in the Prius. Including 5 stuck off the side of the road waiting on tow trucks. Not that I would use it for ice racing but the Prius does just fine in 6 or less inches of snow. Above 6 inches then it converts to a plow with the low front end.

usamarket.png

All time cumulative market share as of October 2014.

Volt led Leaf in sales up until about a year ago.

I think next year Volt sales will rebound and once we start getting concrete details on LEAF 2.0 Nissan sales will decline because people will delay their purchase to get the new car with higher range.

I'm very skeptical of any version of the Prius on New England winter. Skinny tires, FWD, light weight. I drive an Audi as much for the safety as the comfort.
I've got 300,000 mi on my '07 Prius -- it is now entering its 8th Michigan winter. My commute is 60 miles each way, including a 12-mile stretch notorious for its black ice. Despite sometimes massive crosswinds, it is easily the most sure-footed car I've ever driven. It handled last year's record-breaking winter with only a bit of a hit to the gas mileage. I routinely passed 4WD cars that were pointed backwards in the ditch. The only thing I did was to change from the crappy stock Firestone all-season tires to first Goodyear and now Michelin all-seasons -- that made a huge difference. I really hope the Model 3 will be able to match my car's winter handling.