Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota to show new BEV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yoza said Toyota will not offer fast charging on any vehicles until the SAE determines a standard...
What does Toyota mean by "offer"? They show the FT-EV-III with CHAdeMO. That's not an offer. They plan to sell the RAV4 EV only to fleets and car sharing projects. No offer to the public, too.
==> they can produce CHAdeMO equipped RAV4 EVs and still keep their wording.

What does Toyota mean by "offer"? They show the FT-EV-III with CHAdeMO. That's not an offer. They plan to sell the RAV4 EV only to fleets and car sharing projects. No offer to the public, too.
==> they can produce CHAdeMO equipped RAV4 EVs and still keep their wording.

Rav4 EV is to be sold to the public in California. I have one on order as an individual.

Do you have a reference for that? I know there were some early ones with conducive (not inductive) charge ports, but I didn't realize they offered QC capability.

Yep, the manual of this very car...

Haywood_UK_RAV4_3.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=3539&d=1322847435.jpg

The eagle-eyed among you will see that the socket on this 1999 model looks very familiar...

PICT2131.JPG

Yep, the manual of this very car...
The eagle-eyed among you will see that the socket on this 1999 model looks very familiar...
The TEPCO charger is basically just an earlier version of the CHAdeMO:
http://www.iea.org/work/2008/transport/TEPCO.pdf
Here's what the TEPCO plug looked like in the iMIEV as of 2008 (CHAdeMO still haven't been established yet; March 2010 was when it was established):
imiev_presskit_hi_08.jpg

Here's what CHAdeMO looks in the final Leaf implementation in 2011:
nissan-leaf-charging.jpg

Last edited:
Top Gear, Jesse James and Toyoda all say that Hydrogen will eliminate the need for battery vehicles in five years.

On one hand they have given up on saying batteries will not win. On the other hand they are going out with a "I'll get your little dog, too!" ...

... and this post was written in August 2009, now we have 2014.

If you have millions of dollars, and don't mind being stuck with hydrogen fuelling stations for the life of the car, well, then go for a Hydrogen car. If you can find one where you live.

If Tesla model S had a problem with "vampire load", then just wait until you hear from Hybrid car owners whining about how the hydrogen fizzes off 24/7. It's like keeping oil in a strainer!