Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota to unveil EV with solid-state battery with 10-min fast-charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Toyota to unveil electric car with solid-state battery with 10-min fast-charging next year - Electrek

A new report suggests that Toyota is going to unveil an electric car with a new solid-state battery that enables 10-minute fast-charging capacity next year. Toyota started working on solid-state batteries back in 2017 with plans to commercialize the batteries inside electric vehicles in the early 2020s.

cu_icar_toyota_ubox_concept_01_28f5acec25d9a72446f92788fbd1c525db3ebbc0-e1460562877970.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Brando and hcdavis3
Toyota to unveil electric car with solid-state battery with 10-min fast-charging next year - Electrek

A new report suggests that Toyota is going to unveil an electric car with a new solid-state battery that enables 10-minute fast-charging capacity next year. Toyota started working on solid-state batteries back in 2017 with plans to commercialize the batteries inside electric vehicles in the early 2020s.

cu_icar_toyota_ubox_concept_01_28f5acec25d9a72446f92788fbd1c525db3ebbc0-e1460562877970.jpg
It’s easy to “unveil“ a car with amazing specs. Many companies have unveiled wonderful ideas. As for Toyota, they need to actually make one.

This is big news. Not because it means they're actually releasing it soon, but more of a signal that they've realized that they're going to have to shift their PR away from HFCV, and stupid urban small BEV concepts.
This may come in time for the delayed Tokyo Olympics.

That pic is baitclick?
Going to the site, there’s another article that shows Toyota ev SUV’s silhouette more like a normal one, almost looks like the etron suv

although something that funky from the pic may not be too bad. The cybertruck ruined my sense of automotive styling. :)

Wow quite a change from that humongous 3.6kW charger in my RAV4 Prime.

Remember, I am not advocating anything. I just posted the Electrek article here. Did not add any personal comment.
Obviously, not the vehicle is that interesting, but the promise of a solid-state battery.
I can remember Toyota saying 2-3 years ago that it will probably take a decade to develop one.

Remember, I am not advocating anything. I just posted the Electrek article here. Did not add any personal comment.
Obviously, not the vehicle is that interesting, but the promise of a solid-state battery.
I can remember Toyota saying 2-3 years ago that it will probably take a decade to develop one.
OMG
Looks like my plan for Japan Atomic Reactors to make cheap Hydrogen may not happen.
Still a chance for Japan politicians to do the right think for Atomic Reactor Industry - just a small subsidy to get Atomic Reactors back to full out put. for cheap H2

guess I should add
</sarcasm>

Japan could suceed where Iceland has failed on H2 since first proposed in 1960s to use H2 to replace diesel fishing boats, ferries and class 8 trucks. Iceland only tried 4 or 5 times.
About 85% of the total primary energy supply in Iceland is derived from domestically produced renewable energy sources. Renewable energy provided almost 100% of electricity production, with about 73% coming from hydropower and 27% from geothermal power. ...
Government of Iceland | Energy