TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Toyota's 2013 Avalon becomes world's first car to offer wireless In-Car charging

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NeverFollow, Jun 9, 2013.

1. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

#1 NeverFollow, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

This is the kind of thing companies tout when they run out of ideas.

3. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

wireless charging that charges a 100 KWh battery in a couple of hours ... that's worthy of Tesla branding ... Toyota can keep touting their cell phone chargers

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I don't think that's quite fair...this is something very convenient. I hate fiddling around trying to get my phone plugged in, or having to unplug to use it if the wire's too sort. The various wires cobwebbed around are a pain too. Being able to just throw that sucker on a charging pad would be a very nice convenience and an attractive feature when looking to buy a new car. Plus, the new Avalon, particularly the hybrid, is a very nice car esp. in its price range.

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Building it into the base of the cubby shelf would be nice. You could just throw your phone in there and it would charge up.