Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tparts data module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this video, they feed the data wire through to the centre USB ports.

Previous post‘s wording seemed misleading to me. for clarification, The video shows how to replace a tesla oem power only capable usb-c module with T-Parts’s usb-c module ($90 usd) which supports power & data. According to the www site, they include a data cable. I’ve had t-parts’s hardware since 2/2022 & it works great. Back then all cars had an unused data cable taped to the power cable 🤣. The instructions work for other vendors hardware to & tesla’s oem part which recently became available in USA for purchase (tesla Doesn’t sell data cables I hear but other posts mention Amazon alternatives).

I had the I+A version and fitted as on videos but I cannot see usb drive icon on my Tesla display… Does the I+A mean Intel Atom 🤔 Please can someone confirm it works as having difficulty communicating with seller 🤕🤕🤕 UK Sept 22 MYLR
the icon appears at bottom of screen if you plug in a usb stick which has one or more folders that contain mp3 or flac audio. Icon vanishes if usb stick is removed. Some other formats are supported but try one or two mp3 first as test. usb should be exfat file system. You might have to go to audio sources area of tesla gui after plugging in to ensure usb is a source visible by default, but might not be needed in newer tesla gui.

the icon appears at bottom of screen if you plug in a usb stick which has one or more folders that contain mp3 or flac audio. Icon vanishes if usb stick is removed. Some other formats are supported but try one or two mp3 first as test. usb should be exfat file system. You might have to go to audio sources area of tesla gui after plugging in to ensure usb is a source visible by default, but might not be needed in newer tesla gui.
Is their a way of testing the usb mini data port plugin port on the tesla infosys module under footwell.
Ie Using a cable (mini usb to female usb a) attach a flash direct 🤔

If you are in USA, you can buy the part from Tesla for about $40. Part number 1755200-00-B . Open a service appointment, select reason other and type that you want to oder the part. I bought it from Tesla as a backup since I already had the T-Parts module.
TY! Interesting... if I am ordering it through a Tesla service request, will they mark my car as having the data USB feature eg. i find sonic ect installed later?

TY! Interesting... if I am ordering it through a Tesla service request, will they mark my car as having the data USB feature eg. i find sonic ect installed later?
Updating your center console usb-c ports to have data & power abilities will not cause Tesla to mark your car as having that ability. If you ask Tesla, they will say no because the car which was sold to you was not intended to have that feature.
A few months ago Sonic & Cup Head became available in Model 3 & Model Y vehicles which lack center console usb-c ports that support data. Like all games, if you lack the usb-c upgrade you use the USB-A port in glovebox.
I'm guessing your car is relatively new. New cars are given a special initial factory firmware which is typically a bit behind in terms of features. It can take between 1 day and 8 weeks for your car to get the best non factory version of firmware update. Just be patient & focus on other areas of life than sonic the hedge hog to make the time pass faster.Don't ping your phone every our to see if your car has an update, lately it seems vehicles will only look once a day to see if an update is available. However, if your car has the latest firmware, then you might need to ask Tesla for help. In the fast, I've heard of service centers force sending updates again due to missing content.

Here is the release for non FSD beta cars:

Here is the release for FSD beta cars:

Last edited:
Has anyone done this upgrade with a UK delivered MY LR (March 2022 / 1st set of shipments)? Assume we don’t have the data cable, or do we?
I got my Model Y at the end of February, so the same factory lot as yours. I recently fitted the T Parts module (from Ali Express). The data cable was present but simply taped back so fitting the T parts module was easy. I now have full data on the centre console — including sonic the hedgehog.

Updating your center console usb-c ports to have data & power abilities will not cause Tesla to mark your car as having that ability. If you ask Tesla, they will say no because the car which was sold to you was not intended to have that feature.
A few months ago Sonic & Cup Head became available in Model 3 & Model Y vehicles which lack center console usb-c ports that support data. Like all games, if you lack the usb-c upgrade you use the USB-A port in glovebox.
I'm guessing your car is relatively new. New cars are given a special initial factory firmware which is typically a bit behind in terms of features. It can take between 1 day and 8 weeks for your car to get the best non factory version of firmware update. Just be patient & focus on other areas of life than sonic the hedge hog to make the time pass faster.Don't ping your phone every our to see if your car has an update, lately it seems vehicles will only look once a day to see if an update is available. However, if your car has the latest firmware, then you might need to ask Tesla for help. In the fast, I've heard of service centers force sending updates again due to missing content.

Here is the release for non FSD beta cars:

Here is the release for FSD beta cars:
my car was made/delivered during the period where they were still including data usb in some cars and non-data hubs in others I want to say August? (been a while) im in no hurry to get the games ect, just thought it would be cool to get these features. although im in the FSD beta and i see that they should be available now anyway, having data in the center console would be nice.

I got my Model Y at the end of February, so the same factory lot as yours. I recently fitted the T Parts module (from Ali Express). The data cable was present but simply taped back so fitting the T parts module was easy. I now have full data on the centre console — including sonic the hedgehog.
Good-o. Ordered - more than happy to pop off the end of the console, but not enthused about having to run a cable 😂

my car was made/delivered during the period where they were still including data usb in some cars and non-data hubs in others I want to say August? (been a while) im in no hurry to get the games ect, just thought it would be cool to get these features. although im in the FSD beta and i see that they should be available now anyway, having data in the center console would be nice.
Yup I think it was around that time Tesla started introducing the power only usb-c module in USA built cars. I feel bad for hijacking UK & Ireland sub forum since you are in USA according to profile. Sorry everyone. I think we’re done soon.
Regardless, of which type of usb-c module you have, you should have the games by now assuming you are running latest firmware. Perhaps your car is missing some sort of config entry since vehicle was made at a time of transition. I bet Tesla service center can take care of the issue but if it is a config issue, you’ll most likely need to take car to service center because I think the “Tesla toolbox app” might need direct connection to car & not wireless.

The data cable was in our MYLR, delivered on 29 June 2022. Not the first wave of deliveries but I believe the removal of the data cable occurred in later production runs.
Hi, was the cable fully connected up? Just wondering as a fellow June Y deliveree if that meant it worked for you as a quick switch or you had to remove the nuts below the glovebox and connect that other cable too? Would be keen to switch the box on the centre console to get games going for the kids, but the rest of the work is a bit beyond what I’d probably be happy doing. Have enough rattles already!

Hi, was the cable fully connected up? Just wondering as a fellow June Y deliveree if that meant it worked for you as a quick switch or you had to remove the nuts below the glovebox and connect that other cable too? Would be keen to switch the box on the centre console to get games going for the kids, but the rest of the work is a bit beyond what I’d probably be happy doing. Have enough rattles already!
The cable was connected at the other end, apparently, since all I did was plug the new module in at the console side and it works both for data and power. The data cable was taped to the power cable and simply had nothing to plug into in the USB board initially installed at the factory. It was only after I upgraded ours that I even read that some cars had the cable but it was unplugged at both ends, and that some later cars may have no data cable at all. I can’t promise but I expect yours will be like ours and the task is pretty simple.

Reactions: Kenners