Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPM readings blank with one tire in yellow but pressure is fine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the tire pressure warning sign earlier today. I went to the Service Tab to see the readings. The the front R and Rear L were 41 as expected. Front L and Rear R were not giving any readings. (just couple of dash signs) - but with the rear R in yellow.. And then 30 min later, they ALL were showing no readings (with Rear R still yellow). Visually, the rear R tire looked ok. So I went and bought a gauge and it measured 40 (lower than expected but still shouldn't give me warning. I did software reboot and even power all the way down, with the tech support. Even after that, the readings are still all blank with the rear R in yellow. Has anyone had this experience? Not sure if it is related but the rear R was patched by Tesla (for a nail) back in early December. This is on Model 3 with Michelin MXM4. Thank you.

TPM2.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: Adam3
Yes, the issue was (1) tire readings not being shown even after driving for a while. (2) rear R showing yellow AND no reading, even though the manual pressure guage reads 40.
The car probably had a reading below 40 - when the wheels were cold. It takes a drive cycle AFTER the pressure is up for the yellow to reset.
And you have to drive at least 30-ish (Tesla claims 15mph, my experience says over 25mph) for TPMS readings to update (Although TPMS will update immediately upon movement IF the tires are dangerously low)

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin