TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TPMS CONTINUES TO FAIL... [RANT] And they are gonna send people the mars?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by scotty2541, Mar 7, 2017.

1. automixcars

automixcars Member

thanks Scott for a clearing it out for me

sow you say only tesla can do reset if I change antennas ? or is the car doing a full reset at driving?

because I am sure the universal sensors tx I have had a tool under the car to read the code just under the plate front and back

2. scotty2541

scotty2541 Member

The Roadster cannot do a reset by driving. The newer Model S cars can.

You either need to get the Tesla service guy to take his handehld unit and walk around the car to read the addresses of each wheel transmitter, then plug his unit in to program the main controller and program the antennas...

Or, it you are daring enough, plug in a sniffer like I described in my other thread (That TPMS issue, summarized) and program it yourself.

Or, there are some people on the forum who purchased the programmer device. But it's expensive, and not worth it.

• Informative x 1
  3. automixcars

automixcars Member

thanks Scott
    I have just now changed the 2 antennas and programed the sensores to the code from the car I took them from and still the problem it there maby I have not got the correct tpms main unit changed .I changed a unit that was ontop off the aluframe for the l/H door hinge true the hole that comes if you take the panel off for turning the headlamps on.
    but I can see others take the dashboard out ?

4. RobsJester

RobsJester Member

One note,
    1.5’s can reset new TPMS sensors by driving. I ordered new sensors from Amazon (link below) and after install, the warning went away after a few miles of driving.

TPMS fits Tesla Roadster (VIN... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W59CHLK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

5. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Tesla Tool Option 1.jpg
    Hi Michael,

I have done much research in this area and with help from many others here I have been able to crack the code.
    Before getting into details, I have some questions for you:

What was the initial error message?
    What are the last 4 digits in your car VIN number?
    What were and what are the 8 character IDs of your tire sensors and their locations?
    Front left address:
    Front right address:
    Rear right address:
    Rear left address:
    Guessing from your avatar that you and your car are located in Denmark - Is that correct?
    I am not sure my work on my USA car will translate to your Denmark car,
    but I am willing to try...
    Did your Tesla dealer have the tool and harness shown above???

Thank you,

Shawn

6. automixcars

automixcars Member

Hallo Shawn

the car is imported from USA and have vin 0782 (sport 2010)(it was damaged in 2013 and I got it last year and made it good)
    the problem with car is tpms lamp flashing and small screen fault (tmps hardware fault) and no indication off pressure
    the fault can reset after 2-3 key turn but comes after driving the 10-15 min
    I have a extra car (signature 86)that I am rebuilding and I took the hole system from this to test with
    id from sensors
    01010A4C
    01010A0A
    01010AC1
    010109F7

I got from AUTEL the maxitpms-pad and 4 universal 415-433mHZ sensors
    I have used the US setting 2010-2012 tesla roadster to program because the (old )before 2010 is not in HEX code as the code I pulled from the old .
    also the system has no trigger boxes just 2 antennas

I am now looking into getting the tesla tool 1013547-00-A that you send photo of

when I was at tesla shop I was not allowed to the car just coffee room :-(

my plan is to install ovms3 but they are in backorder because of rohs testing

kind regards Michael

7. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi Michael,

STOP... TPMS between serial 0086 and 0782 are NOT compatible... You have a relative of mine, my Roadster is

I do not think you will be able to get the Tesla TPMS tool. I have been trying for 2 years to no avail...
    A kind member from this forum loaned me his tool so I could decode the data.

Your Roadster 086 should have used Beru sensors and it will reprogram from driving the car. None of that system will work in
    your car 0782.

Your Roadster 0782 has the Baolong sensors and needs the Tesla tool or an analog to program your tires.
    There are 3 parts to your Roadster 0782 TPMS in addition to the sensors:
    6003334 Roadster TPMS ECU
    6003335 Roadster Front antenna <<< These are not the same as each other...
    6003337 Roadster Rear antenna <<<

Front antenna is located above front "belly pan" and the rear antenna is located above the rear pan.
    The rear antenna should be visible through the rear grill.
    The ECU is inside of the front dashboard near the steering column.

If you have these 3 parts in place and connected, we could proceed to programming.
    Are the addresses you listed for serial 086 or serial 0782?

Thank you,

Shawn

8. automixcars

automixcars Member

Hey Shawn
    the sensores I pulled from signature 86 are balong it is a 2009 EU roadster
    this is the set I pulled from my sport 2010

Attached Files:

9. automixcars

automixcars Member

my next thing to do is to pull the sensores from the wheels that was on my 2010 and pull the codes using a power supply because they are out of battery.
    then I have the original setup with codes and all to test .
    I will then install ecu and antennas code the sensores to original codes once more and test if they get power(the antennas)
    and then drive once more :-(

this tpms system is more difficult then bring the car back to life after bricked and frame damage for 6 years :)

10. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi Michael,

You will not need a power supply to pull the codes from the Baolong sensors.
    The Baolong sensors have their addresses stamped onto the sensors.
    If you program the Autel sensors with the same address and return it to the same position on
    the car, you should be good to go.
    The antennas keep the tire addresses even when they have no power...

See the picture below of the Baolong sensor address stamped onto the part...
    You probably only needed new "cloned" sensors as the original sensors batteries are dead after
    so much time...

Good luck,

Shawn
    TPMS-4.jpg

11. automixcars

automixcars Member

thanks for the info
    I will test this setup :)
    I did not know how a code looked like before I was able to scan it with power on sensor

thanks for all your help

Kind regards Michael

Attached Files:

12. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi Michael,

You are welcome! Good Luck. (As far as I have seen all letters are uppercase and I do not think I have seen letter "O".)

Shawn

13. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

Is that a US signature (out of 100) or a European signature (out of 250). The European signatures should all be 2.x, so it would be compatible.

14. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi Michael,

I forgot to mention that when everything is installed and programmed - You will need to drive 1 or 2 miles to get
    the registration of tire pressures...

Set your VDS to tire pressures and it will show -- for each tire, after a mile or two it is nice to watch the tires populate
    with their respective pressures.

Shawn