Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS display in V7.0 with older sensors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two updates to the tpms. If you have the old system and are having problems the first fix is to install an antenna that wraps around the car, this improves reception to the old style tpms receiver. In most cases this resolves the issues with the old system. Howevwe if the antenna does not fix the problem there is an update to the new system (Continental). This involves 4 new tire sensors, a new tpms module and a wiring harness as well as labor to install and program the new system. In order for this to be done at no charge an engineer at the temple of doom must approve it, service centers will get taser blasted if they do it without God's approval. You can always pay for the parts and labor, question is at what cost.

PLEASE Tesla, dont take the fun out of the car for us crazies who LOVE this stuff!! Sell the kit and make a little extra money for yourselves.

Well, I just got back from my SC and set an appointment for next Tuesday to do the retrofit. It is gonna cost me around 1200 after tax for 5 tires (I carry a spare in my frunk). I will let you know after that if it works. The Engineering folks at TMC said it will, so I will be the SC's guinea pig for this retrofit. I also scored a rare 14-30 UMC adapter.

Peace,
Father Bill

Well, I just got back from my SC and set an appointment for next Tuesday to do the retrofit. It is gonna cost me around 1200 after tax for 5 tires (I carry a spare in my frunk). I will let you know after that if it works. The Engineering folks at TMC said it will, so I will be the SC's guinea pig for this retrofit. I also scored a rare 14-30 UMC adapter.

Peace,
Father Bill

Oh wow, I would LOVE a 14-30 adapter! Good luck!

Well, just got my car back from the SC. I went ahead and did the upgrade and...

013ceaa4afd656982f193955c61576d4fa3905dc7b.jpg

I now have a classic S85 with TPMS monitoring. If you want it you can get it!
I am not sure it is worth the money, but YOLO :biggrin:!

Peace,

Father Bill

View attachment 99358

Peace,

Father Bill

Thanks so much for posting this! As coincidence would have it, I developed chronic issues with my TPMS not solved by changing the sensors, so they were going to replace my whole thing anyway. I have just requested the upgrade and should hear back soon as to whether Vancouver will do it next week.

View attachment 99358

Peace,

Father Bill

What did you do to get them to do this? Take confession and promise them absoultion for their sins:)

Seriously SUPRKAR's and my SC said they have to have permission from, as SUPRKAR put it, "the Temple of Doom" to do this. That's corporate. Please let us know.

My Super SA Cameron, St. Louis SC called his regional engineering contact. After that conversation he called me and let me know that the retrofit would work and that it would cost $1000. I can only assume that there may be some SC that don't want to go through the process and are blaming "The Temple of Doom" for their inability to do the retrofit. As I posted earlier I got the update today and it works. I hope other SC will see this and be a little more helpful.

Peace,

Father Bill

- - - Updated - - -

Father Bill, have you a list of parts they used on your invoice? Perhaps we can use that as a start to make our own kits?

Not sure if this is what you wanted...
TPMS.png

I have a full size spare in the frunk, that is why there are 5 tpms modules. I will look over the invoice in more detail and if there is more info I will post here later.

Peace,
Father Bill

My Super SA Cameron, St. Louis SC called his regional engineering contact. After that conversation he called me and let me know that the retrofit would work and that it would cost $1000. I can only assume that there may be some SC that don't want to go through the process and are blaming "The Temple of Doom" for their inability to do the retrofit. As I posted earlier I got the update today and it works. I hope other SC will see this and be a little more helpful.

Peace,

Father Bill

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this is what you wanted...
View attachment 99371

I have a full size spare in the frunk, that is why there are 5 tpms modules. I will look over the invoice in more detail and if there is more info I will post here later.

Peace,
Father Bill

Thanks for this info. I suspect some of these parts are available from sources outside Tesla. I've already made another inquiry with my SC.