Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Display Not Accurate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new 2021 M3P's TPMS display numbers are off from the actual measured pressure (+4 PSI on all four tires). I used two precision gauges to verify the numbers and also cross-checked gauges with displays on another car.

Is there a method to re-calibrate the display on the screen, aside of re-connecting communication after tire changes? Has anyone else had this problem?

Precision gauges? Are you sure they indicate the right pressure? I've seen many, many gauges show wrong pressures. I have one (on my compressor inflation end) that shows 10psi over... I'm not saying that the wheel sensors are perfect, I'm just saying it's hard to get an accurate reference.
If you can be certain that the displayed pressure it off, I believe the reset will just tell the car: this current pressure is a good pressure, don't complain about it. It will complain when pressure gets a few psi lower than the new "reference". You will have to live with the wrong numbers displayed on screen. The alternative would be to change the sensors in the wheels.

I've found my sensors to show something very close to the digital pressure gauge I bought recently. I'm choosing to accept this as reasonably accurate :)

Basically ALL TPMS systems are calibrated to be accurate at 20C, which equals 68F. Every 10F higher, it'd read 1 psi lower, and every 10F cooler, it'd read 1 psi higher. Don't ask me why is that, but I've owned a couple of dozen new cars since TPMS came out (and a few motorcycles), and they all have been like that. So I wouldn't bother trying to get it 'fixed', because it's normal. If you ask manufacturers, they'd always tell you TPMS is only to alert you of a flat, not to be treated like an accurate tire pressure gauge. Bottom line is ALWAYS check your tires with an accurate gauge when cold :). Hope this helps.