Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tpms. Do I need to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No need for new ones, you'll just have to pay labor to swap the sensors most likely. You'll get less $$ for the Uberturbines if you plan on selling them w/o sensors installed.

eBay has new ones for $40-50/ea now, Tesla OEM.
Any recommendations for vendors on ebay within that price range? It seem like they sell the same part number on tesla store or some sell the UK/CA version. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. Some of the listings color of blue shade also looks off compared to Tesla's stock images.

I bought mine from this reseller:

They showed up as-described and worked great. The only way that I couldn’t tell that they were brand-new was that I didn’t unwrap them from factory packaging. They looked immaculate and work great.

54EA69BE-2048-4063-9D67-9B7BE4C1A28C.jpegC64FC21A-44B0-45C2-94B5-5B557A57BED6.jpeg72F01EBB-93CF-4BDA-8944-22580E64EBED.jpeg

thank you for sharing
I bought mine from this reseller:

They showed up as-described and worked great. The only way that I couldn’t tell that they were brand-new was that I didn’t unwrap them from factory packaging. They looked immaculate and work great.

View attachment 895996View attachment 895997View attachment 895998

Tesla has some interesting quirks compared to other OEMs, but one positive difference is that it learns TPMS automatically. No reprogramming required. New wheels and sensors are automatically detected, and the car even figures out which wheel is which based on rotational speed.

My car detected and displayed my new sensors within a mile after replacement. My old Model 3 did the same with industry-standard 433 MHz sensors. I wish they all did that!

Reactions: Bobo Tinker