Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just swapped back to the stock 20 inch wheels and I am getting TPMS system error message.
I have seen people have problems with after market TPMS but these are the original stock wheels/tires.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Did you tell the MCU about the new tires? There is a selection in the settings screens for the tire size. You need to tell the car about the changed tire size. And as Model + said, the car needs to be driven around a bit to calibrate the new sensors.

Did you tell the MCU about the new tires? There is a selection in the settings screens for the tire size. You need to tell the car about the changed tire size. And as Model + said, the car needs to be driven around a bit to calibrate the new sensors.
Yea. I changed the wheel. Did factory reset. Drove around for 30 miles. No dice.
Reset the car too.

It took a lot more than 30 miles to notice that I don't have the right TPMS on my new wheels. I just got the warning today actually. Give it some time.
Just wanted to wrap this up.
When I got in the car this morning, I still had the warning about TPMS error but after driving a couple of miles, I got a message saying car has recognized different wheels and then the error went away.
All resolved.

Just wanted to wrap this up.
When I got in the car this morning, I still had the warning about TPMS error but after driving a couple of miles, I got a message saying car has recognized different wheels and then the error went away.
All resolved.

Its always nice when people come back to report the resolution, when there was a question asked. Thanks for circling back around.

Reactions: wdolson and MODEL+