Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Error

Rhytid

Dec 3, 2019
Maryland
I just swapped back to the stock 20 inch wheels and I am getting TPMS system error message.
I have seen people have problems with after market TPMS but these are the original stock wheels/tires.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

wdolson

Jul 24, 2015
Clark Co, WA
Did you tell the MCU about the new tires? There is a selection in the settings screens for the tire size. You need to tell the car about the changed tire size. And as Model + said, the car needs to be driven around a bit to calibrate the new sensors.

Rhytid

Dec 3, 2019
Maryland
Did you tell the MCU about the new tires? There is a selection in the settings screens for the tire size. You need to tell the car about the changed tire size. And as Model + said, the car needs to be driven around a bit to calibrate the new sensors.
Yea. I changed the wheel. Did factory reset. Drove around for 30 miles. No dice.
Reset the car too.

Rhytid

Dec 3, 2019
Maryland
It took a lot more than 30 miles to notice that I don't have the right TPMS on my new wheels. I just got the warning today actually. Give it some time.
Just wanted to wrap this up.
When I got in the car this morning, I still had the warning about TPMS error but after driving a couple of miles, I got a message saying car has recognized different wheels and then the error went away.
All resolved.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Just wanted to wrap this up.
When I got in the car this morning, I still had the warning about TPMS error but after driving a couple of miles, I got a message saying car has recognized different wheels and then the error went away.
All resolved.

Its always nice when people come back to report the resolution, when there was a question asked. Thanks for circling back around.

Reactions: wdolson and MODEL+

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC