Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS fault after 20" TST install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Brand new owner, long time lurker, first time poster so be gentle.

I purchased a new set of 20" TSportline TST rims with Continental tires and Tesla TPMS pre-installed. After installation I get a TPMS fault which I cannot get cleared.

So far I have tried re-calibrating the TPMS multiple times to no avail. I also today tried changing the rim size from 19 to 21" to see if that did it. After a system reboot and general driving of around 50 miles I still have the same problem.

I contacted Tsportline and the owner said this happens sometimes and if it doesn't go away I need to contact Tesla.

Any tips or advice? Thanks

Attachments

• 20201015_073255.jpg
    20201015_073255.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20201015_184621.jpg
    20201015_184621.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 68
Hi Dmil9294,

You did not mention the Model year of your car -
What year is your car?
Did a tire shop put on the new wheels on the car?

You may need the tire shop or Tesla to use their TPMS tool
to "Wake up" the TPMS sensors in each wheel,
On the Service menu > Reset TPMS
THEN - Drive the car to see if the TPMS registers...

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi Dmil9294,

Sorry... WELCOME!!!
You will like it here...
Thank you for the information.

You should be good with the instructions:
Have a tire shop or Tesla to use their TPMS tool
to "Wake up" the TPMS sensors in each wheel,
On the Service menu > Reset TPMS
THEN - Drive the car to see if the TPMS registers...

Good luck and Again Welcome,

Shawn

I have the same issue. The wheels I put on had the old sensors installed. When Tesla tried to force calibrate them they must have changed a setting on their end. Now even my old wheels don’t work. Make sure you have the right kind of sensors in there. There were 2 types used for model s. And dual frequency sensors usually won’t work with our cars.
Currently waiting for another service appointment to get my old wheels working. Then I’ll give the new wheels another try with the correct sensors finally installed.