Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Fault (And service scheduled for 1 month out)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I setup our appointment for the TPMS issue, I tried to get a mobile service guy but the app wouldnt allow it. The only option it gave me was to go to a SC. Once there I asked why and he said the mobile guy has no way of taking the tire off the rim to put in new TPMS if needed.

JaC
Welp, it is what it is. There goes part of my Saturday lol

I am having same issue, RR tire shows 34psi. I fill it up, TPMS notice goes away after driving. Car sits overnight, next day issue again. I scheduled an appointment and the app gave me a mobile appointment(10/14) for now.

Will update after appointment

I am having same issue, RR tire shows 34psi. I fill it up, TPMS notice goes away after driving. Car sits overnight, next day issue again. I scheduled an appointment and the app gave me a mobile appointment(10/14) for now.

Will update after appointment
I sounds like you have a slow leak, have you checked for that?
In my case, Tesla confirmed I have a dead sensor.

In my case, I bought 5 brand new sensors and tried 2 of them but neither of them worked. Your experience would suggest that the sensors were DOA, which is possible, but unlikely. I guess I will have to try the remaining 3 to see. Even then, It's funny that the common denominator is the RR wheel/tire.

Seems like there are some issues with these proprietary bluetooth sensors, not the least of which is availability. There are no compatible after market sensors and they are on backorder at Tesla. This at a time when we are starting to switch over to winter tires and needing TPMS sensors for new rims.

Seems like there are some issues with these proprietary bluetooth sensors, not the least of which is availability. There are no compatible after market sensors and they are on backorder at Tesla. This at a time when we are starting to switch over to winter tires and needing TPMS sensors for new rims.
I purchased 5 sensors so I can use 4 of them in my spare set and the 1 remaining as a backup to a failed sensor. I will now have to put those in and have Tesla SC work out the bugs to make sure they are all functioning and not DOA at least. This is getting very annoying. :confused:

That's possible as when I checked with a digital tire gauge it did show the low air. Just got a text back from Tesla regarding my appointment and was told to instead contact roadside via App.

I just refilled tire as I didn't want to drive on 33-34 psi. Once it drops again will contact them, though seems odd to contact roadside.

I purchased 5 sensors so I can use 4 of them in my spare set and the 1 remaining as a backup to a failed sensor. I will now have to put those in and have Tesla SC work out the bugs to make sure they are all functioning and not DOA at least. This is getting very annoying. :confused:
Would you mind sharing which ones you bought? I know they're not 433MHz anymore, the Model Y uses a 2.4GHz Bluetooth sensor, I wonder if you've got the right ones?

Would you mind sharing which ones you bought? I know they're not 433MHz anymore, the Model Y uses a 2.4GHz Bluetooth sensor, I wonder if you've got the right ones?
I purchased them from a Tesla SC over the counter.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 11.42.18 AM.png

That's possible as when I checked with a digital tire gauge it did show the low air. Just got a text back from Tesla regarding my appointment and was told to instead contact roadside via App.

I just refilled tire as I didn't want to drive on 33-34 psi. Once it drops again will contact them, though seems odd to contact roadside.
This does sounds like you have a slow leak. You probably caught a nail/screw. I was told the sensors are triggered if you go below 80% of recommended psi.

On a side-note, I always check behind the tires for screws before I back out from public parking lots/spaces. There are haters out there who have nothing better to do than to wreak havoc.

Reactions: helvio
The Tech said the hub possible is causing a Bluetooth connection issue with the TPMS. I actually didn't know it was Bluetooth, (I too thought it was a 2.4GHz signal).
What is plugged into the hub is a usb to MicroSD card adapter with a Samsung Pro Endurance MicroSD card for Sentry mode recording and an Apple Phone cable for charging iPhone while using Waze. neither of which I believe are emitting anything.
We will now drive with NOTHING plugged into the usb port to see if it fixes it. If not we are to schedule another appointment at SC.

The Iphone is the only thing 'wireless' in the MY and hotspot is not turned on for the phone.

UPDATE: After a week of having everything unplugged from all USB ports, I have had ZERO TPMS fault messages. Last Friday I plugged in the USB-A to MicroSD card adapter with a Samsung Pro Endurance MicroSD card for Sentry mode recording and so far, five more days without TPMS fault messages. Im beginning to think it just might be the USB hub. I'll plug that back in in a couple of days to see what happens.

Reactions: helvio
UPDATE: After a week of having everything unplugged from all USB ports, I have had ZERO TPMS fault messages. Last Friday I plugged in the USB-A to MicroSD card adapter with a Samsung Pro Endurance MicroSD card for Sentry mode recording and so far, five more days without TPMS fault messages. Im beginning to think it just might be the USB hub. I'll plug that back in in a couple of days to see what happens.
Does "everything" include the wireless charger?

If the hub does break it again... What's the FCC ID on that hub? It should not be radiating 2.4GHz interference like that if it passed FCC. Perhaps contact the vendor for a replacement or refund.

right? unless they sold me 2 bad ones and 3 good ones and I just happen to pick 2 bad ones to install? :eek:
UPDATE: So I friggin' hate it when this happens. I am all set to go in for my appt tomorrow for the TPMS and guess what? Automagically, all the sensors are now working?! WTF? I don't know if I should be happy or what. I guess I am cancelling my appt but I would be pissed if it comes back after tomorrow and have to wait another 2 weeks for an appt. Thinking good thought and crossing my fingers. :(

Did you have to put in a service request request or did you just walk in?
I was able to call ahead and confirm that the SC had some in stock. Since all SCs are contact-less due to COVID, you can't walk-in. However, once I got to the SC, someone did come out and took my order to be fulfilled within 10 min. They sent me an invoice to the Tesla app once I approved the payment with the card on the account.

Reactions: sherlockw and ArtK