Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Fault - This is a weird one...

JWest412

Mar 5, 2021
Pittsburgh, PA
Please help!

I just bought a 2016 Model X. It came with 20” stock wheels. I bought 22” wheels from someone on this forum. They didn’t come with sensors. I found some for $80 for all 4, they promised no issues...

I had the tires mounted with these sensors, and after 5-10 mins of driving they show tire pressures, but it says there is a fault.

I tried troubleshooting. Let air out, put it back in (found this on another post). I reset everything in the wheel settings, no change in the fault.

I had the vehicle in Tesla Service today. I bought new Tesla sensors and had them put in. The fault is still there, they have no idea what to do! And now, it’s worse. I have no PSI numbers with the $400 worth of Tesla sensors. It shows no reading at all AND a fault.

What am I missing? Please help!!

Attachments

• CA7A3823-A014-4397-88DF-9619770FA7E5.jpeg
    CA7A3823-A014-4397-88DF-9619770FA7E5.jpeg
    960 KB · Views: 23

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi @JWest412 and @ngng ,

I think you are misunderstanding the part number listed.
The ECU 433 mhz receivercomputer that runs the system is 1034601-00-? Last I looked they were $25 from Tesla
and about $125 from eBay. There is only one needed per car...

As luck would have it the TPMS Sensors for each wheel is only one part number different.
1034602-00-?. They are priced higher and of course you need at least 4 of them...
Maybe 8 if you run snow tires and summer tires...

Good luck, I hope you are able to fix it.
It is a most annoying problem with these wonderful cars...

Shawn

JWest412

Mar 5, 2021
Pittsburgh, PA
Well as it turns out, when I went back in, the SC said that they installed the wrong TPMS sensors. They installed the right ones and it’s all good! But now that I read these posts, they probably tried to install the Bluetooth ones and not the MHz ones. I should be due some money back, right? I did think it was strange that they cleared all of my Bluetooth devices during my first visit.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC