Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Fault - This is a weird one...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please help!

I just bought a 2016 Model X. It came with 20” stock wheels. I bought 22” wheels from someone on this forum. They didn’t come with sensors. I found some for $80 for all 4, they promised no issues...

I had the tires mounted with these sensors, and after 5-10 mins of driving they show tire pressures, but it says there is a fault.

I tried troubleshooting. Let air out, put it back in (found this on another post). I reset everything in the wheel settings, no change in the fault.

I had the vehicle in Tesla Service today. I bought new Tesla sensors and had them put in. The fault is still there, they have no idea what to do! And now, it’s worse. I have no PSI numbers with the $400 worth of Tesla sensors. It shows no reading at all AND a fault.

What am I missing? Please help!!

Attachments

• CA7A3823-A014-4397-88DF-9619770FA7E5.jpeg
    CA7A3823-A014-4397-88DF-9619770FA7E5.jpeg
    960 KB · Views: 70
Hi @JWest412 and @ngng ,

I think you are misunderstanding the part number listed.
The ECU 433 mhz receivercomputer that runs the system is 1034601-00-? Last I looked they were $25 from Tesla
and about $125 from eBay. There is only one needed per car...

As luck would have it the TPMS Sensors for each wheel is only one part number different.
1034602-00-?. They are priced higher and of course you need at least 4 of them...
Maybe 8 if you run snow tires and summer tires...

Good luck, I hope you are able to fix it.
It is a most annoying problem with these wonderful cars...

Shawn

Well as it turns out, when I went back in, the SC said that they installed the wrong TPMS sensors. They installed the right ones and it’s all good! But now that I read these posts, they probably tried to install the Bluetooth ones and not the MHz ones. I should be due some money back, right? I did think it was strange that they cleared all of my Bluetooth devices during my first visit.