Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS for 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow TESLA owners.
Just took delivery of my 2017 Model S 75D
I need to order some TPMS sensors for my winter rims.
Tesla quoted $145 each.
Does anyone know of any after market or other sensors that are more reasonably priced that would work?
Much appreciated

Hi fellow TESLA owners.
Tesla quoted $145 each.
Does anyone know of any after market or other sensors that are more reasonably priced that would work?
Much appreciated
I bought aftermarket TPMS sensors earlier this year for my 2nd set of wheels from 1010tires.com (Vancouver based company)

At the time they were C$60 each. They work fine with my late-2015 70D

I purchased new TPMS sensors for my 2015 (Continental TPMS) for a second set of rims about 6 months ago for $50 a piece. What's the part number they're quoting you for? Below is straight from my invoice:

TPMS, SENSOR, 433 MHz SILVER VALVE STEM (1034602-00-B)

Reactions: JPUConn
FYI the price of the OEM TPMS sensors seems to have doubled (!) sometime earlier this summer. When I bought my 3rd party sensors in the spring of this year the Tesla Service Center was charging C$71 for them. But other TMC users have confirmed the price now is for some reason double

Wow. What a great place to get info. Tesla quoted me part number 1034602. Not sure if that's the same as 1034602-00-B as they didn't give me any digits after the 1034602.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Ps loving the drive in my Tesla. Had it 6 weeks and already got 6000km on it. Just can't stop driving.. IMG_20170824_1259193.jpg

Reactions: HA3AP and Gt1948
Wow. What a great place to get info. Tesla quoted me part number 1034602. Not sure if that's the same as 1034602-00-B as they didn't give me any digits after the 1034602.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Ps loving the drive in my Tesla. Had it 6 weeks and already got 6000km on it. Just can't stop driving.. View attachment 254880
fyi I have a Tesla invoice from Feb/17 showing that same part number for the TPMS sensors, including the "-00-B" (I bought but then returned them for other reasons). As mentioned the price then was C$71 but it's gone way up since then.

I just took a quick look and 1010Tires still lists the same ITM brand TPMS sensors I bought for C$59.99. If you're in Vancouver lower mainland or GTA area you can order for pickup at one of their retail locations, no shipping fee.

p.s. welcome to TMC!

• Informative
Reactions: RedOctober
I purchased new TPMS sensors for my 2015 (Continental TPMS) for a second set of rims about 6 months ago for $50 a piece. What's the part number they're quoting you for? Below is straight from my invoice:

TPMS, SENSOR, 433 MHz SILVER VALVE STEM (1034602-00-B)

Going to buy the aftermarket sensors above. Noticed on eBay that they come in gunmetal grey and black. I have the Grey turbine wheels - should I get the gunmetal grey or black?

Hi fellow TESLA owners.
Tesla quoted $145 each.
Much appreciated

Confirmed. I was just quoted 'about' $700 for a set of four gen2 TPMS, installed, from Tesla :eek::rolleyes:

FYI - Discount Tire installs them for $10/wheel. $200 4x sensors + $40 labor = $240

now only if I got this right the first time around..

My wheels with snow tires and sensors already installed from TireRack work fine in my 2016 S90D.

The ones I was sent do not work. Not all 433mHz sensors are the same and compatible with our cars.
They must be model specific to the [insert year here] Tesla Model S

• Informative
Reactions: RedOctober
Costco broke my TPMS sensor when replacing tires. They want to replace it with Costco Part Number "1022452" listed as "TG1C 433 MHZ SENSOR TESLA". It took some digging online, but I found the following web page mentioning the part number:
http://www.westescocw.com/inventory/image/data/DILL-TPMS-APPLICATION-GUIDE.pdf

It looks like the manufacturer is Dill (I'm not familiar with them). I'll try pressing them to replace with OEM parts, but not sure how much of a fight this will be.