Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS for 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SomeJoe7777 Do you still sell Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors? I have a 2021 Model Y - long range. We are going to buy new wheels and winter tires and would like a second set of TPMS Sensors pre-programmed.

Thanks,
Stuart
If it’s any help you can buy them from your local SC for $300 for a set of 4. Just picked mine up a couple weeks ago for my winter wheels. They are self programming.

Upvote 0
Oh, I didn't see the 2nd post when I relpied... 80 dollars direct from Tesla is better, ill have to keep bugging them. @Schulz1983 did you just order from your local SC?
I created a service request with the other selected. I stated I needed 4 sensors and would be picking up from the SC. SC messaged me and said they were ready for pickup. They leave the service request open as they need that for you to pay anyway. SCs stock them.

Upvote 0
@SomeJoe7777 Do you still sell Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors? I have a 2021 Model Y - long range. We are going to buy new wheels and winter tires and would like a second set of TPMS Sensors pre-programmed.

Thanks,
Stuart

Unfortunately, I do not. Because I'm such low volume (only was selling a couple sets per month), I don't make but about $20 per set that I sell. The moderators on this forum have a policy that vendors have to register and pay a vendor fee, and the amount I was making cannot cover the fee, so I had no choice but to stop selling.

I tried to explain that I wasn't in the same category as other vendors who are full businesses, I'm just a hobbyist, but the moderators make no differentiation.

Upvote 0
My Tesla Y is only 4 months old. I had flat tire 3 weeks ago, replaced with a brand new tire, costs me $380. Now the tire pressure monitoring system malfunction appeared on this new tire. I thought it's still under warranty, but they estimated the cost for repair will cost me another $103. Is it worth the trouble to get it fixed at Tesla service center? Is it easy to install it by myself if I purchase a new sensor from Tesla shop?

Attachments

• Tire.JPG
    Tire.JPG
    864.8 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0
My Tesla Y is only 4 months old. I had flat tire 3 weeks ago, replaced with a brand new tire, costs me $380. Now the tire pressure monitoring system malfunction appeared on this new tire. I thought it's still under warranty, but they estimated the cost for repair will cost me another $103. Is it worth the trouble to get it fixed at Tesla service center? Is it easy to install it by myself if I purchase a new sensor from Tesla shop?

Did the tire shop you took the car to replace this TMPS sensor? If so, they likely replaced it with the wrong model. I would take a look at your receipt from the tire shop and see if they swapped the TPMS sensor. If so, they should replace it with the correct sensor at no charge.

Upvote 0