TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TPMS gen1 exchange for gen2

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by llaforest, Mar 26, 2019.

1. llaforest

llaforest Member

I gave 4 oem Tesla TPMS gen1 I would like to exchange for 4 oem Tesla TPMS gen2.

Anyone interested let me know.

2. kimbahpnam

kimbahpnam Member

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why would anyone want to do a straight trade for older TPMS?

3. llaforest

llaforest Member

Just because they are the same price. Someone might have done the same mistake I did and stuck with the wrong TPMS.

4. Andrejun

Andrejun Member

I'm interested. I have 2 sensors already removed, I can pull the other 2 gen2 sensors this weekend.PM me. I don't have enough post yet to initiate private messages.

I bought a set of turbines for my gen1 car that had ben 2 sensors in them.

5. llaforest

llaforest Member

Ok perfect Andrejun, I started a private conversation with you. You should be able to find it with the square with a downward arrow in it in top right... We should be able to carry this over.

Cheers!

• Informative x 1
  6. 2RM2

2RM2 New Member

if you're interested in selling your gen 1 TPMS, let me know. I would be interested in buying.

7. Erie Electric

Erie Electric Member

Can anyone shed some light on what years were Gen 1 and what years are Gen 2?
    I just bought some used OEM Tesla wheels and tires with TPMS included and simply thought that all Teslas would be the same.
    Now i am worried.

8. llaforest

llaforest Member

It goes with the serial number of the car. Bellow 50900 it is gen 1 referred as Baolong, after 50900 it is gen 2 referred as continental. Only older model s has the gen1, neither x or 3 have the gen1. The last part of your car's vin is the serial number in case you don't know.

9. Erie Electric

Erie Electric Member

You summed it up for me. All Model X are Gen 2 so if my wheels came of a Model X and I am putting them on an X I should be good to go. Thanks.