Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Issue with 18.42.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 18.42.2.1 about a week ago. The only difference I've noticed is with the TPMS. I no longer receive an on screen notice wrt low tire pressure. I do receive a new chime (different from any others) that I suspect is the TPMS warning. There is no other verbal notification. I live in an area where the current temperature range is 30deg F to 50deg F. I have inflated my tires to 43 psi. The TPMS shows a reading of 38-39deg. The new chime is very annoying.

My understanding is that the TPMS sensors adjust automatically so that I am unable to calibrate them to the true tire pressure (as determined by an accurate pressure gauge.)

I have been monitoring the forums here and on TMC, but no one has reported this "chime" issue wrt the TPMS. I would like to hear from other posters if they have been experiencing the same issue.

I updated to 18.42.2.1 about a week ago. The only difference I've noticed is with the TPMS. I no longer receive an on screen notice wrt low tire pressure. I do receive a new chime (different from any others) that I suspect is the TPMS warning. There is no other verbal notification. I live in an area where the current temperature range is 30deg F to 50deg F. I have inflated my tires to 43 psi. The TPMS shows a reading of 38-39deg. The new chime is very annoying.

My understanding is that the TPMS sensors adjust automatically so that I am unable to calibrate them to the true tire pressure (as determined by an accurate pressure gauge.)

I have been monitoring the forums here and on TMC, but no one has reported this "chime" issue wrt the TPMS. I would like to hear from other posters if they have been experiencing the same issue.

If it were mine I would inflate tires to 43 psi per the TPMS sensors. This is what the alarms are based on. 38-39 psi is very close to the alarm point, especially in cold weather.