Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JohnGarziglia

Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2011
Reston, Virginia
Need assistance with a TPMS issue on my Roadster 2.5. I am consistently getting the TPMS dash and VMS error messages about 20 minutes into each drive which in the past have indicated either the TPMS monitors were not synched after a changeover from summer to winter tires, or alternately a failure of the back or front module.

Now, however, OVMS accurately shows the tire pressures and temps (see OVMS screenshot below) but the VMS seems to show only blanks while the dash error is on (see VMS photo below). But today after stopping and while looking at the VMS with the ignition on, the dash error "magically" went away and the VMS showed correct pressures and temps that coincided with what I just looked at on the OVMS (see 2nd VMS photo below).

So, do I have batteries in the TPMs getting weak (it would not seem that all four would get weak at the same time but I suppose it is possible but then why would OVMS show correct pressure and temps when the VMS does not. Or is it a loose connection somewhere? Where do I start? Thank you for your input and wisdom.

Screenshot of OVMS just after coming to a stop (for some reason it still shows 17 mph but no I was not taking screenshots while driving):
Screenshot_20221019-162333.jpg

VMS moments after above OVMS screenshot was taken:
PXL_20221019_202415520.jpg

VMS about 30 seconds later after TPMS error message disappeared from dash:
PXL_20221019_202446810.jpg