Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS out after body work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my S85D in the (Tesla approved) shop to repair damage from a low speed sideswipe while parked. While it was there they sent the car out to the Tesla glass/paint shop to replace the windshield for a pre-existing stone chip.

About halfway home my wife got a ⚠️ and a low tire pressure warning. All 4 tires showing -- for pressure. She drove home, checked pressures, all were at 40PSI.

From the paperwork, one rim was "reconditioned", which must have involved remounting the tire. But not all 4! What would take out the TPMS in the course of repairing/replacing the passenger-side body panels and the windshield?

Doesn't sound like TPMS is out but rather the pressures are just low. I believe the car gives a warning when tire pressure drops below 40 and it sounds like that's what's happening here.

The shop probably reconditioned the wheel, pumped it up to only 40 psi and maybe changed the pressures for the other tires to match. The door jam should tell you the proper pressure. It's between 45-49 IIRC.