Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I recently swapped out to 19" wheels/tires for the winter. I bought aftermarket TPMS sensors from Discount Tire and 3/4 seem to be reading with my system, but the 4th will not and is triggering a code on my dash.

Has anyone had any success with aftermarket TPMS? If so can you point me in the right direction? Otherwise, please shoot me a PM if you have a spare set of 2nd gen TPMS laying around for sale and we can work something out. My SC just quoted me like $400+!!!

I had same issue at Discount Tire. 3/4 finally picked up after driving 50 miles, the 4th wouldn't, so they pulled off my old TPMS from my second set of wheels and ordered a replacement TPMS for the left rear which wouldn't read. I'd ask them to swap out that TPMS.

Have you tried the aftermarket ones they reordered you since? I am trying to determine if I want to go through the hassle of unmounting and rebalancing 8 wheels only to find out they may not work again. Willing to pay for OEM Tesla sensors if after market ones are not going to work.

3/4 aftermarket ones worked, the fourth didn't. They haven't received the replacement yet, so will find out in spring on my summer tires.

Your best bet is to just go ahead and buy it from Tesla and have Discount tire refund you the TPMS and reinstall the Tesla version.

Reactions: Windy City S
I am using the MAX Sensors ( Products ) and they've been good for 6 months now. When they were first installed, only 3 registered with the car but it turned out two were programmed for the same corner of the car. This happened because they programmed them to close to each other on the service counter. They re-programmed all 4 of them while on the car so no need to take them out.

I am using the MAX Sensors ( Products ) and they've been good for 6 months now. When they were first installed, only 3 registered with the car but it turned out two were programmed for the same corner of the car. This happened because they programmed them to close to each other on the service counter. They re-programmed all 4 of them while on the car so no need to take them out.
Gen 1 or 2 tpms? The difference is the frequency and ability to display individual tire pressure (gen2).

Hi, I have a 2012 Sig. when I get in, I have dashes and get tire pressure on all 4 tires displayed as I drive. How do I tell which frequency I have? Does the Continental TPMS upgrade display psi right when you get in? What frequency is the upgraded one?