Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had new tires put on my MYP yesterday and I noticed that they swapped the right and left front wheels when they went back on the car. I know this because my right front had a bit of rash on it and that wheel is now on the drivers side. Will the car know that that sensor is now on the left side and show the pressure for that wheel in the correct position on the display or do the sensors have to be programmed as to the position?

Seeing as how they pair automatically, and don't require a diagnostic tool to pair, I suspect it will figure it out on it's own... With that being said, my other car is like that... When I rotated the it usually takes several miles of driving before the car figures out the orientation change.

I had new tires put on my MYP yesterday and I noticed that they swapped the right and left front wheels when they went back on the car. I know this because my right front had a bit of rash on it and that wheel is now on the drivers side. Will the car know that that sensor is now on the left side and show the pressure for that wheel in the correct position on the display or do the sensors have to be programmed as to the position?
Yes... the vehicle is "smart enough" to detect when the wheels (and their TPMS sensors) are moved around to different positions. This is what makes tire rotations possible. ;-)

What kind of new tires did you put on your car? Are you still running the stock 21" Uberturbines, or did you replace them?

Good luck!
-- Tony

Yes... the vehicle is "smart enough" to detect when the wheels (and their TPMS sensors) are moved around to different positions. This is what makes tire rotations possible. ;-)

What kind of new tires did you put on your car? Are you still running the stock 21" Uberturbines, or did you replace them?

Good luck!
-- Tony
Hey... I kept the Uberturbines and went with Michelin AS4's going with 265's up front. Very happy with them so far.