Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS , RE-LEARN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
car 2017 MX

i need to get a tire fixed/replaced and will be driving for a day or two with a spare without a TPMS (ebay acquisition) ...and then re-install the original rim with the original TPMS.

as always, before posting, i read many posts on the topic...read the manual too and that is vague**...

my questions:

a. when driving with NO TPMS, i am assuming the car will give some warning like "TPMS MALFUNCTION" but will keep running. any experience?
b. when the original RIM/TPMS are re-installed, will the car "RE-LEARN" (after driving for 10+ min) and clear the warning or a visit to service SC is required....a couple posts suggest that older (?) cars do not re-learn, the newer do. so what happens for 2017? **btw, the manual says ---

If a non-Tesla Service Center repairs or replaces a tire, the tire sensor may not work until Tesla performs the setup procedure.

----assuming (and high probability) the shop will NOT damage the sensor, why is setup required?

thanks