Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Reset Button Removed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got new tires on my Model 3 Performance. Since swapping them (same brand, model and size of the originals), I’m having traction control warnings and autopilot won’t engage.

Someone suggested resetting the TPMS, however when I go to the menu it’s since been removed (I believe after the December update). Can anyone very if it’s been removed, otherwise could you tell me how to reset it?

Here is the online manual with instructions on resetting, in addition to the lack of the reset button on my current interface.
1953F676-60B7-4E7D-8B14-439F6B92AEFB.jpeg
0E536585-C480-4E7F-8E16-9E29FD0011B0.jpeg
0AA40DC3-FF7C-4817-B49C-51DF887EF105.jpeg

Everything in your picture looks normal for a car that is parked. And from the picture it looks like your car is parked. Have you checked WHILE driving (and not during the first mile)?

TPMS sensors only report the pressure when you are driving. That isn't a Tesla thing, that is just how TPMS sensors work.

Upvote 0
Everything in your picture looks normal for a car that is parked. And from the picture it looks like your car is parked. Have you checked WHILE driving (and not during the first mile)?

TPMS sensors only report the pressure when you are driving. That isn't a Tesla thing, that is just how TPMS sensors work.
I understand the TPMS doesn’t provide a readout until you drive it for a couple minutes or so, however the reset button should show up while in PARK, as it always has before. I will try driving it and see if it shows up..

Upvote 0
I understand the TPMS doesn’t provide a readout until you drive it for a couple minutes or so, however the reset button should show up while in PARK, as it always has before. I will try driving it and see if it shows up..
From the screenshot, you have the post-2020 refresh model 3 with the blacked out door handles. Your car has the bluetooth TPMS and I don't believe there is a reset button for those TPMS sensors. It is supposed to reset on its own. Earlier cars with the chrome door handles like mine has typical 433 mHz TPMS sensors and I have the reset button which I have to use whenever I swap out snow tires or get new tires.

Upvote 1
From the screenshot, you have the post-2020 refresh model 3 with the blacked out door handles. Your car has the bluetooth TPMS and I don't believe there is a reset button for those TPMS sensors. It is supposed to reset on its own. Earlier cars with the chrome door handles like mine has typical 433 mHz TPMS sensors and I have the reset button which I have to use whenever I swap out snow tires or get new tires.
Thanks for the info, I could’ve sworn I’ve seen the reset button before but maybe I’m mistaken..

Upvote 0