Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Sensors Not Working on 21 MSLR Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered some wheels and tires as a package from CarID and had Tesla swap them on today. They stated after 15 min of driving or so, the sensors would start to register. Its been 8 hours and about 100 miles and still getting a sensor error.

My question is, are these sensors (linked below) compatible with the 21 MS Refresh or is CarID's system off here? This is beyond my knowledge and some searches have yield nada.

Thanks ahead!

PDQ® - Multi-Protocol Programmable TPMS Sensor with OE Black Finish Metal Valve Stem

Last edited:
No, I don't think those are compatible. Current Tesla vehicles use a Tesla Bluetooth TPMS sensor in the 2.4GHz range. What you got is listed as 315/433Mhz, which is sort of industry standard. (I'm not aware of any compatible third party sensors being available yet.)

Reactions: JaeTheDev
No, I don't think those are compatible. Current Tesla vehicles use a Tesla Bluetooth TPMS sensor in the 2.4GHz range. What you got is listed as 315/433Mhz, which is sort of industry standard. (I'm not aware of any compatible third party sensors being available yet.)

Exactly what I was thinking, and was stating to a person whom I called and spoke with at CarID. He was very adamant that these will work though so I’ve been hoping for the best.

Looks like a trip to Tesla and a call to CarID for some reimbursement for this issue is in order, ugh…

Looks like TSportline makes compatible sensors for a pretty penny less than the $380 for OEM. Looks like I’ll be grabbing these.

Thanks for the help!

I just went through this issue when I received my new wheels. My TPMS was not working. The sensors that were installed are these: "HUF TPMS SENSOR 315/433MHZ". Which are the same frequency as yours, so yours should work. If one of your TPMS sensors isn't working, they all will not work and you will get "--" for psi readings.

Go to America's Tire or Discount Tire, since they will have a universal TPMS tool and will check yours for free. They were able to get a reading from 3 of my tires and told me that the driver's rear was dead. I went home and swapped one of my OEM Turbine wheels that had a working sensor. Within 5 mins of driving around, all of my TPMS sensors were showing psi reading on the dash.

New TPMS sensor batteries are supposed to last 5-10 years, but I may have gotten one that was sitting on a shelf at the vendor. The wheel vendor sent me a new one and I paid $20 to have it installed. All good now. I hope this helps.