Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be interested in how this set performs; I recently ordered from TPMS direct the sensors from one of your earlier posts

Porsche Carrera TPMS Sensor | Huf Beru RDE010

They are working perfect, hoping they'll last another 7 years or so..

Yes, I was going to go for those. Been riding my electric skateboard combined with the Metro Bus to work over Highway 17 to San Jose, so haven't been using the Roadster all that much. These cars really want to be driven and I feel out of place a bit not being in it almost every day as I did a year ago. Still sitting at 60k. Have to get some weekend coastal road trips to keep the electrons fresh.

I just came across the Huf UVS2000 and didn't know there was such a thing. Curious if they just came out with it, makes sense to have one common sensor and program the chip inside to work with multiple makes and models. Huf's are of best quality when it comes to TPMS and one of the top manufacturers in the industry for quality, durability and longevity. My TPMS sensors died a little before Dec '16. and my Roadster was built in Apr '08, so that's over 7 years of life. The new ones might last even longer, we'll have to both report back at least in 2024 and see where we are :)

Happy you got yours installed and all is good! Nice you didn't have to go for and pay the Tesla route. I was surprised actually and its super nice that I was able to find Huf branded TPMS at a reasonable price. Its a price that doesn't give you that lead weight sinking feeling in your gut when you first see the cost. I still need to install them, so its not 100% yet until I fully verify they do indeed work as they say when installed and paired to the 1.5 Roadster. The seller indicated you carry on your normal TPMS pairing procedures, he even said if you have a car where you just drive for some time, they work with that type too. That gave me even more confidence to try them since that's how our 1.5 Roadsters sense and reconnect to the new sensors.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Any better sensors for the 2.0 cars? Mine just went out again. Exactly one year after installing them.

If I had a 2.x I begin searching for a compatible TPMS sensor made by Huf. Huf bought out Beru, which was the OEM TPMS that came stock in the 1.5 Roadster and we've all pretty much been happy who've had them in our 1.5 Roadsters, especially battery longevity. From what I can see, its really just a re-branding. The manufacturing component, look of the sensor, and quality of the sensor has not changed.

I just looked and it appears no Huf sensor in the UVS / "Intellisense" universal type available.
http://www.intellisens.com

You may be able to find a Huf in the model like Julie installed which i found earlier. Its not a universal model so it costs twice as much as the UVS / Intellisense version. But I just did a quick google for a "2011 Tesla Roadster" TPMS search with the Huf brand and didn't see anything that caught my eye to work.

So it sounds like your question is still an open and unanswered one....

Honestly in all reality if I had a 2.x, I'd be doing what Scotty is doing in his TPMS rant thread since the 2.x TPMS system itself isn't up to par dropping and losing sensor connections frequently:
TPMS CONTINUES TO FAIL... [RANT] And they are gonna send people the mars?

Its crazy, you guys with the 2.x's have that awesome tire learning feature which the 1.5 owners are very unfortunate and wished we had. However you guys have that horrible TPMS system that's a nightmare to fix and keep up and running. However we 1.5 owners have a high quality and robust TPMS system that practically never fails, worse thing we worry about are dying TPMS sensors :) However we have zero tire learning abilities, so we're snuffed and stuck with limited tire and rim selections other than stock! And that totally sucks.

Last edited:
You may be able to find a Huf in the model like Julie installed which i found earlier. Its not a universal model so it costs twice as much as the UVS / Intellisense version.

I'll admit to being happy they were installed and the warning light/annoying noise was gone instantly!

However we have zero tire learning abilities, so we're snuffed and stuck with limited tire and rim selections other than stock! And that totally sucks.

Here I've been a bit off the reservation; I have the Michelin Pilots on the back and decided to give the
Continental DWS a try up front (Lotus size 195 vs Tesla size of 175). I've had those on other cars and liked them a bunch. The wheel well looks a little more filled up, I'm sure I've ever so slightly decreased the car's tendency to push (oops here comes the backend) and maybe a negative on overall range - but not much that I've noticed how I drive the car.. I will say that the car seems to drive pretty nice. No doubt a fresh alignment when the tires were replaced is helping as well...

Since I almost never see bad weather nor track the car, I think they're a reasonable choice. Might do DWS in the back when the Michelin's go - I've not seen any ill behavior with TCS and I've had more cars w/o it then with so there's that... YMMV

• Informative
Happy to hear the TPMS sensors (replacements) I provided earlier worked instantly and without issues. Same FCC ID so it shouldn't have had any problems. The interesting thing is that on the website for the company who shipped my universal TPMS sensors, OEWheels, they list an '11' part number instead of the 'RDE010' that I provided. So curious if the 'RDE011' part will work or if that's an error. They're a little bit cheaper too by about $20, so around $70.

Another observation is that the company also offers a lower line TPMS sensor below the universal I bought. However the body of the sensor looks a bit cheaper, so you may get what you pay for there. Who knows, takes someone to try it out and report how it goes.

Here's the link to the OEWheels website

2008 Tesla Roadster | OE Wheels

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 7.24.33 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: DaveD
I know there are a lot of threads on this, but a simple question: I have a 2.5 Roadster, which sensor do you suggest I buy as the current ones are dying. I understand the 2.x system is crap, but I would at least like to get new sensors in there as I am about to change tires.

I'll admit to being happy they were installed and the warning light/annoying noise was gone instantly!
I'd be interested in how this set performs; I recently ordered from TPMS direct the sensors from one of your earlier posts

Porsche Carrera TPMS Sensor | Huf Beru RDE010

They are working perfect, hoping they'll last another 7 years or so..

Hi Julie.
I was curious whether you had Tesla install them or did you just go to a third party shop?

I brought my "new" Roadster in for annual service and (of course) 3 of the 4 TPMS sensors need to be replaced.
I was quoted $1416 by Tesla for that, which I am probably not going to do - that's a lot for something that none of my prior cars even had (just wish I could turn off the annoying warning message).

Would love to hear your experience and how much you spent on getting this fixed.
Thank you

Hi Julie.
I was curious whether you had Tesla install them or did you just go to a third party shop?

I brought my "new" Roadster in for annual service and (of course) 3 of the 4 TPMS sensors need to be replaced.
I was quoted $1416 by Tesla for that, which I am probably not going to do - that's a lot for something that none of my prior cars even had (just wish I could turn off the annoying warning message).

Would love to hear your experience and how much you spent on getting this fixed.
Thank you
What year roadster? On the 2010 and 2011s the sensors shouldn't cost that much...

Hi Andy,

I have done much research lately in this area.
Roadster Serial numbers to 500 used a Beru sensor.
Roadster Serial number 501 and up used a Baolong sensor.
The Tesla part number for this is 6004985.
I had all 4 of mine replaced recently with a Baolong equivalent Dill 2112.
The Dill 2112 cost me $75 each plus $20 each for install.
The downside is currently only the Tesla branded Smartool can update the car
with the new addresses of the sensors.
So, if buy Dill 2112 or any other sensor from a tire store be prepared to have Tesla
update the car with the new addresses...
They should do the update for a minimal charge or no charge...

Good luck,

Shawn

Thank you. I also messaged with Julie who had great success with the RDE010 sensors which were installed by a local shop near her.

I also saw a review on Amazon that said that the RDE011 work. I will probably get those once I have figured out a good shop in LA to install them - not a high priority except for the warning message annoyance.

My 2.x Roadster is needing at least one TPMS sensor replaced. Tesla service is a pain for me. I've found the following which looks like a good compatible replacement. Anyone tried these Huf sensors. One thing I like is that they have black metal as an option which I think would go nicely with my black wheels.

Reactions: driver_EV
Hi @jaanton ,

I have liked and used and programmed some sensors for a few users here...

I like the Alligator (HUF) 590883
It can be programmed to match (clone) your existing sensors or
create a new set of 4.
They are $28 each at Amazon...

Do you have the K-line board for your OVMS???

The part number you mentioned is the Tesla OEM part.
I do not see it at TPMS.com

Good luck,

Shawn

PS _ If you buy another brand or type be sure it is for 433MHz only.
The sensors made for either 433MHz and 315MHz in the same sensor
selected by programming with a TPMS tool do not work well for Tesla cars...