Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a quick question regarding TPMS sensors, does anyone know if there is a anything special/unique about the Tesla TPMS sensors? I am tracking they are about $95 /sensor from Tesla, but I also found these on ebay for $50/sensor. Finally, i found these at an auto zone for about $30/sensors. Just bought used set of 22s for my MX and didn't realize I now need TPMS for each tire.

Autozone:https://www.autozone.com/engine-man...iI_k-MU0bqiHKEfN4EUaAuU9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ebay:tpms sensors tesla - Google Search

Thanks for the info and I would like to go with the Amazon TPMS. But is 2021 considered the refresh model? The reason I ask is that I have a MX 21, non refresh, which I think is the same as a 2020 raven model
For parts, we need to look at the car production year as labeled on the door jam. The car might have the name "2021" but the door jam label can say "2020". What counts is the production date, not the name "2021".

Reactions: Genie
Thank you all for the info, looks like my build date is 11/20, so I should be able to save some $$$ and get the Amazon TPMS.

So for future reference and for clarification, if you have a 21 build date, but have the vertical acreen and no yoke, its a non-refresh model, despite being a 21 build. So 2021 builds can either be refreshed or "legacy"?

I used $39 for 4 from ebay on my 2020 pre-refresh X winters work great. No programming, just swap rims and drive.

Our 2021 is bluetooth TPMS sp going to cost lots more. 😔

Got a quick question regarding TPMS sensors, does anyone know if there is a anything special/unique about the Tesla TPMS sensors? I am tracking they are about $95 /sensor from Tesla, but I also found these on ebay for $50/sensor. Finally, i found these at an auto zone for about $30/sensors. Just bought used set of 22s for my MX and didn't realize I now need TPMS for each tire.

Autozone:https://www.autozone.com/engine-man...iI_k-MU0bqiHKEfN4EUaAuU9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ebay:tpms sensors tesla - Google Search

Probably late to the Party but the newer Tesla's require a Bluetooth sensor. The older ones do not work as far as I know.

Tesla is selling them currently at $95 USD each.

I recently purchased four for our winter tire setup from MODEL+ @MODEL+

Danny, the owner, is a pleasure to work with and we have had ZERO issues with the TPMS setup on our 2022 M3LR!

Fast shipping, OEM, and they are the exact ones that Tesla sells that we can tell.

• Love
Reactions: MODEL+